A B C or D  

20 members have voted

1. 1. A B C or D

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I propose this though.  If you add a Billy Price type at LG, and lets assume that Alex Smith will be better at managing the run game than Cousins was, do we really need a first round talent at RB then?  We'd have arguably one of the best OLs in the league and Chris Thompson coming back, plus we spent a 4th on Perine last year.  Are we ready to make Perine 3rd on the depth chart after one season?  Wouldn't we be better off utilizing our OL to generate a running game with the backs we have, and instead using that first round pick to bolster our defense?

I’m with you. I wouldn’t take Guice unless all of Roquan, Vea, Payne, Edmunds, Minkah, Derwin, and probably Denzel Ward were all off the board. 

But in this instance, the draft that took him in the 1st was the only one that came with a trade down from 13 — which is my preferred option if we could swing it. 

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Respectfully disagree. Guice is in the same 1st rd group. Also showed great toughness to fight through injuries, and on a team with passing failures.

Here's a quote from the Draft Thread here and HTTR G3D :

Again, it’s not that I’m saying he won’t be a good or even great player. Lots of great backs have been taken after the first half of the first round.

But with the guys I named, the consensus “question” with them going into the draft was how high in the top 5-10 picks they would go. With Guice, the consensus question seems to be whether he goes in the top 25 picks (or the 1st round at all). It doesn’t appear that most analysts and connected people share your view that he’s equivalent to Elliott or Gurley, for example. 

And hey, maybe the Redskins feel like he’s a future HOF player and they need to take him. But I think there’s almost no chance he goes before pick 18 (Seattle) at the absolute earliest, so they really should be looking at the possibility of a short move down the board at the very least if they can get a taker, as we see in Option B.

No sense buying a TV on your first stop at Best Buy when you could get the same TV and a Blu Ray player for the same price at a different store down the road a little ways. 

Archived