Vegan talk

11sanchez11

Just now, Calibucsfan said:

I'm not going full vegan...just going to cut meat out, and some dairy.

I will continue to eat egg whites and some dairy products

That's a good choice and ultimately up to you.  It's just that  personally and based on my experience, I'd keep poultry and fish in your diet.  I don't see any health benefit to cutting chicken and fish.  Seafood yes, but not fish. 

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That's a good choice and ultimately up to you.  It's just that  personally and based on my experience, I'd keep poultry and fish in your diet.  I don't see any health benefit to cutting chicken and fish.  Seafood yes, but not fish. 

200.gif

26 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

watch "what the health" documentary. it explains it well. it's on Netflix

I could get behind eating less meat, and dairy (as I age, probably the best). I completely understand why people do it, but man, there is too much good food to just ignore completely, and since you only get one crack at this short meaningful existence, might as well use those taste buds to their full potential and experience as much, if not all of it as you can; while you can.

• 4 weeks later...

I was vegan for years for health reasons and absolutely loved it. There are numerous ways to get protein if you are eating a well balanced vegan diet. I've gone away from it recently and I feel it all over. I don't sleep as well at night. I have less energy during the day. I was never sick (not one cold) when I was vegan. I've gotten numerous bugs recently. I really need to go back to it because it just agreed with me. 

For everyone who says they love meat and burgers, there are numerous meat-substitutes out there that are becoming more main stream and more readily available. I never really got into tofu, so I went with the meat substitutes. Daiya cheese was great. Almond milk. Alot more vegan cookbooks, youtube channels and restaurants are becoming more commercialized. 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I was vegan for years for health reasons and absolutely loved it. There are numerous ways to get protein if you are eating a well balanced vegan diet. I've gone away from it recently and I feel it all over. I don't sleep as well at night. I have less energy during the day. I was never sick (not one cold) when I was vegan. I've gotten numerous bugs recently. I really need to go back to it because it just agreed with me. 

For everyone who says they love meat and burgers, there are numerous meat-substitutes out there that are becoming more main stream and more readily available. I never really got into tofu, so I went with the meat substitutes. Daiya cheese was great. Almond milk. Alot more vegan cookbooks, youtube channels and restaurants are becoming more commercialized. 

lol dude hate to say this to you, but that's just poor discipline on your end

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Well what meat are adding in? If you eat factory farm garbage burger its going to be far more unhealthy then grass fed burger. 

On 8/12/2017 at 9:08 PM, Calibucsfan said:

watch "what the health" documentary. it explains it well. it's on Netflix

So my wife is trying to go Vegan now after watching that.  Since she makes 75% of the food I eat these days (I work from home), I'm a part-time Vegetarian/Vegan as well.  I actually don't mind it.  Plenty of tasty veggie options (especially being Indian).  But when I go out or if we order out, I'll still eat meat/fish/anything.  I will say, I feel better having less meat and dairy in my diet...

8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

So my wife is trying to go Vegan now after watching that.  Since she makes 75% of the food I eat these days (I work from home), I'm a part-time Vegetarian/Vegan as well.  I actually don't mind it.  Plenty of tasty veggie options (especially being Indian).  But when I go out or if we order out, I'll still eat meat/fish/anything.  I will say, I feel better having less meat and dairy in my diet...

congrats

its such a great documentary. watch it if you get a chance, you should at least understand why you're eating vegan

On 8/12/2017 at 1:31 PM, Calibucsfan said:

I recently watched that Netflix documentary "What the health" and it defiantly made me strongly consider going vegan.

I suggest reading peer reviewed studies on food intake and their affects instead of watching docudramas to make you change your day to day lifestyle.

The documentary is garbage from what I've read

I eat wild game almost every day. I'm a proponent of the paleo diet and hunt/catch all my meat other than chicken. But I don't feel bad about butchering chickens either. Count me in the group that doesn't like the idea of factory farming. Something about the only purpose of a life being food for us is distasteful. Consuming a wild animal that has lived for another purpose is far more acceptable to me.

I (like damn near everyone) need to eat more veggies, however.

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I eat wild game almost every day. I'm a proponent of the paleo diet and hunt/catch all my meat other than chicken. But I don't feel bad about butchering chickens either. Count me in the group that doesn't like the idea of factory farming. Something about the only purpose of a life being food for us is distasteful. Consuming a wild animal that has lived for another purpose is far more acceptable to me.

I (like damn near everyone) need to eat more veggies, however.

Pretty much this. If you stay away from a lot of the processed stuff and eat grass fed or wild game, you're fine.

The fear mongering about dairy and meat has reached ridiculous levels.

11 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I suggest reading peer reviewed studies on food intake and their affects instead of watching docudramas to make you change your day to day lifestyle.

The documentary is garbage from what I've read

You shouldn't judge if you havent seen it...but as someone whos seen it and watches documentaries regularly, its by far the worst documentary ive ever seen. 

Archived