Ereck Shun: Giants' OT No-Show Day 1

bzane

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Seems like Gmen aimed too high given everyone knew they want to move on...

Does a fifth round pick count as "mid round"?  Because I'd love to think Ty Sambrailo and Cam Erving managed to net fifth round picks, but Ereck Flowers couldn't.   icon_lol.gif

46 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Seems like Gmen aimed too high given everyone knew they want to move on...

Considering Trent Brown is a far superior tackle and only garnered a mid rounds two round swap of picks, they definitely set their sights too high

Just now, Forge said:

Considering Trent Brown is a far superior tackle and only garnered a two round swap of picks, they definitely set their sights too high

Aqib Talib is still playing as a top 10 CB and he got a 5th.    The list goes on & on...

I get Flowers is cheap but play-wise he's trash. 

So yeah.  

Not trying to defend him at all but he did become the whipping boy for a line that was bad across the board. At 23 years old given a change of scenery he could get his career turned around.... just not protecting my QB lol

2 hours ago, Duluther said:

I still remember hearing a lot of Miami U fans saying how great he was going to be. And Brad Kaaya.

You remember incorrectly. He was pretty much universally shat on by Miami fans. He had the exact same issues at Miami and I was utterly shocked that the "top 10" rumors about Flowers ended up being true. He was a massive guy that could flatten people when he got his mitts on you. But his head placement, slow feet, and a general lack of fundamentals was terrible at Miami and those things carried over into the NFL. I know with 100% certainty I warned people that he was gonna be dookie--and I know the other avid Miami posters agreed with this assessment.

I did like Brad Kaaya. Thought he was going to be a superstar. But yeah, anyone that watched Flowers every weekend at Miami was not enamored with his talents.

2 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Not trying to defend him at all but he did become the whipping boy for a line that was bad across the board. At 23 years old given a change of scenery he could get his career turned around.... just not protecting my QB lol

Yeah the kid is still young, but I think he's got an attitude problem attached to his on-field struggles. That will keep him from succeeding more than anything else in my opinion. He can improve his physical and technical flaws, but if he's not a "dog," he never will be. And unless you're an insanely dominant physical specimen, you better have some "dog" in you.

On 4/30/2018 at 11:06 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah the kid is still young, but I think he's got an attitude problem attached to his on-field struggles. That will keep him from succeeding more than anything else in my opinion. He can improve his physical and technical flaws, but if he's not a "dog," he never will be. And unless you're an insanely dominant physical specimen, you better have some "dog" in you.

He is a dominant physical specimen, not sure how to measure insanely. His problem has always been having horrible technique do to playing poorly it has effected his attitude. I really wish Flowers would go to an offensive lineman camp where they would fix his technique. Who knows perhaps having a professional agent for the first time might give him a person that will give him good advice and put his career back on track. 

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

He is a dominant physical specimen, not sure how to measure insanely. His problem has always been having horrible technique do to playing poorly it has effected his attitude. I really wish Flowers would go to an offensive lineman camp where they would fix his technique. Who knows perhaps having a professional agent for the first time might give him a person that will give him good advice and put his career back on track. 

He's really slow though. That factors into the physical specimen aspects in my personal definition. I don't ever see him ever being able to fix that issue, which limits his ability to play LT. More than likely, he's going to be a slow-footed RT that can't win reps unless you run right into his chest plate.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's really slow though. That factors into the physical specimen aspects in my personal definition. I don't ever see him ever being able to fix that issue, which limits his ability to play LT. More than likely, he's going to be a slow-footed RT that can't win reps unless you run right into his chest plate.

He is god awful against a bull rush too...

Archived