EPC's GM Mock Draft

EaglesPeteC

Just finished a GM mock draft, the GM mock draft forum is becoming increasingly dead, so this might be my only one of the year. (I am sure you are all disappointed.) 

Anyway, here is how this draft went for the SUPER BOWL CHAMPS (I have to change my jorts everytime I type that)

TRADE:

Eagles send LB Mychal Kendricks and 7th Round pick to the Rams for 111 (4th) and 195 (6th)

I hated sending him to the Rams but they offered a pretty good deal, so I took it. I don't think Kendricks is on the team this year.

TRADE:

Eagles get Pick 40 (2nd) and pick 99 (3rd)

Saints get pick 32 (1st)

So the Saints traded back into the 2nd with the Broncos who hopped up to grab Will Hernandez. The Saints then hopped back up to 32 to grab Sam Hubbard(?!)

After those two deals. Here are my picks.

2-40

guice-runs-over-louisville-kicker.gif?w=

DERRIUS GUICE RB LSU

I couldn't believe Guice fell this far. I almost didn't take the trade back at 32 because he was still there. But I traded back and still got my guy. Guice with his powerful, nasty running style would slide him perfectly into Blount's role from last year and will be the lead dog in the backfield in 2019.

3-99

Stewart-slot-transition-replay.gif

MJ STEWART CB UNC

I love me some MJ Stewart at this point in the draft. Stewart will fit in perfectly as a slot CB, but can also hold his own on the outside. He would take over for P-Rob pretty perfectly. Stewart is really "sticky" especially in the slot and is pretty nasty in run support. Stewart also can return punts. His biggest draw back is that he doesn't get a lot of INT's. But he gets a lot of PBU's.

14_7852050.jpg

BREELAND SPEAKS DL OLE MISS

The more I looked into Speaks, the more he just seemed like an Eagles D-lineman. Speaks is kind of a  DE/DT tweener. He can rush from the edge and be a solid run defender and slide inside and rush on passing downs. He reminds me of what Vinny Curry turned into and perhaps his ceiling is Michael Bennett. He's not an amazing pass rusher but can be a solid all-around contributor on the d-line.

stanford-cardinals-tight-end-dalton-schu

DALTON SCHULTZ TE STANFORD

You know that you are getting a really solid blocker with Schultz, but he shows soft hands in the passing game and has more potential to develop into a threat in the passing game than some of the other blocking TE's. 

tenpint.0.gif

ARMANI WATTS FS TEXAS A&M

Watts is a ballhawk of a safety who had a nose for turnovers all throughout college. I think he can fill that 3rd Safety role and come down and cover the slot as well as play centerfield. I think he could be a good replacement for McLeod in 2019. He does leave a little to be desired as a tackler though.

7_496018.jpg

WILL RICHARDSON T NC STATE

Richardson is a solid T prospect. He has the potential to develop to a solid contributor especially as a run blocker.

jet_TD.gif

QUADREE HENDERSON WR/RS PITT

Henderson will come in mostly as a returner and see what the Eagles could get out of him as an offensive weapon, but the Eagles need to add someone like him who could be a dynamic RS .

700013_orig.gif

SKAI MOORE LB SOUTH CAROLINA

Moore is a really good coverage LB who has a nose for the football. He is undersized and has some injury concerns but is worth the risk here at this point in the draft.

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So what you do is take the players that are actually on the Eagles and then add these players.......

I'm not sure how your math works... but if they have 70 on the roster currently add these 8 how do you get 53? 

Guice is a booty pick.
It is trendy and no better than the value presented in the 4th.
He may be a better overall back, but they only need to fill a niche now.
I rail against skill players in the first, and I do here.

The Eagles should wait until James Daniels is gone and then trade down.
If he isn't gone ..... take him.

Turn over center in 2019 and save $10M.
Also, challenge G in 2018.
Maybe Seumalo bucks up.  Or maybe he's just a TE3 for this year, then gone.

Archived