God of War (2018)

GOW-OG-image.jpg

The newest installment of Santa Monica Studio's PS4 exclusive, described as a "reimagining" for the franchise, the gameplay has been completely rebuilt, with one major change being that Kratos no longer uses his signature double-chin blades. He instead uses a magical battle axe called the Leviathan Axe.

With the official release date being April 20th, 2018, we're only 10 days away.

Personally, as a fan of the franchise, I've been wary of the change of direction ever since they announced the game and showed us the first gameplay, but I can't say that I'm not excited.

Hopefully it will still feel like it's Kratos wrecking stuff in rage (and wisdom, it seems) rather than a completely new game with an only somewhat familiar character.

Will you guys be picking this game up on day one?

Chomping at the bit to play it. Loved the entire series and cant wait for this one. Already pre-ordered and counting the days.

I think it'll build on the franchise as more than just brutality and rage while still keeping that element. Only thing i dont like is no Blades of Exile. That makes me sad.

15 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Chomping at the bit to play it. Loved the entire series and cant wait for this one. Already pre-ordered and counting the days.

I think it'll build on the franchise as more than just brutality and rage while still keeping that element. Only thing i dont like is no Blades of Exile. That makes me sad.

Well said.

I have my reservations, but that's simply because I'm a big fan and I want it to be one of the best games of recent years.

It has the potential to be one, for sure, but hopefully it will be both a reminder of the good old days of God of War, while being a whole new gaming experience at the same time.

10's and 9.5's from every single major publication while discussing it's seminal narrative and complex yet elegant design which lends itself to the narrative not detracts from it.

I have been waiting for a game like this for years.

This is the first time in years it’s felt like one of these unfathomably expensive blockbusters is putting its weight into moving that field in a different direction rather than riffing on one of its standardized formulas, and it’s every bit as jolting as that Hydra fight was 13 years ago.

https://games.avclub.com/god-of-wars-rebirth-makes-time-for-introspection-among-1825190473

I AM READY

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

10's and 9.5's from every single major publication while discussing it's seminal narrative and complex yet elegant design which lends itself to the narrative not detracts from it.

I have been waiting for a game like this for years.

https://games.avclub.com/god-of-wars-rebirth-makes-time-for-introspection-among-1825190473

I AM READY

As I tend to steer away from any reviews or even anything hinting at the game before I play it myself, I wasn't relying on critics, but damn, this is awesome.

My phone literally blew up with my friends sending me reviews as they know how much I'm looking forward to this, and now I can't help myself, I'm officially WAY too hyped.

So far, The Witcher 3 and The Last of Us are my favorite games I've ever played in terms of the complete experience, and I hope this game cracks the list. Been a fan of GoW since the PS2 days but never in a million years did I think this franchise would be where it's likely headed to with this release.

My body is ready.

10 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Never really played GoW or had it on my radar. The reviews thus far have changed that. I'll consider getting this soon. 

Since they're revamping everything, from the setting to the gameplay, it should be easy to jump right into this one.

Only seven more days, can't wait.

One of the rare times I pre-ordered a game, and the web-shop even offered a really nice discount.

The hype is real.

34 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Shame. Guess I can just YouTube and wiki the story from the first three.

Since those were pure hack and slash games, the story was always secondary, so you'll catch up with it in no time.

This seems to be the first GoW title in which the story will really push the characters and barriers of this universe forward along with the fun (and possibly more challenging) gameplay.

Archived