God of War (2018)

Cant wait. I preordered and it started downloading yesterday(huge 44 gig download for those who are curious about the wait after purchasing)so it'll be ready to play when i get home. 2 hours till i get off work and fire it up. Havent been this hyped for a game since KH2 honestly.

4 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Cant wait. I preordered and it started downloading yesterday(huge 44 gig download for those who are curious about the wait after purchasing)so it'll be ready to play when i get home. 2 hours till i get off work and fire it up. Havent been this hyped for a game since KH2 honestly.

I feel you my man. I pre-order my copy and am waiting for the delivery guy. Can't wait.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:48 PM, TXsteeler said:

It's a completely different game from the first 3. If you've played God of War 1 before then you've basically played 2 and 3 because they are as similar as any 3 call of duty games are to each other for the most part, with improvements along the way of course.

Also, God of War (2018 (what an annoying name imo)) is coming out friday and there is plenty of videos of gameplay on the internet already.

I was hoping for a comparison because I am intellectually lacking 

This game is getting insane ratings, 95 on metacritic with a 9.1 user rating, both of these place it as nearly the best PS4 game and one of the best games this decade, and honestly it deserves higher ratings.

I've played about 4 or so hours and the first boss battle (not the troll but the guy) is legitimately one of the most badass boss battles I've ever played in a video game. I nearly died like 3 times just because of how goddamn awesome it was. Nobody with a PS4 should go through the rest of April without atleast renting it to play through that sequence.

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I was hoping for a comparison because I am intellectually lacking 

I don't even know what to compare this game to it's been so good. It's now an action adventure game with combat similar to maybe BotW or TW3,

This link will give you a bit of an idea of what it's like but it opens up much more than that eventually.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/04/19/the-first-15-minutes-of-god-of-war-gameplay

You should absolutely rent the game atleast.

11 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

This game is getting insane ratings, 95 on metacritic with a 9.1 user rating, both of these place it as nearly the best PS4 game and one of the best games this decade, and honestly it deserves higher ratings.

I've played about 4 or so hours and the first boss battle (not the troll but the guy) is legitimately one of the most badass boss battles I've ever played in a video game. I nearly died like 3 times just because of how goddamn awesome it was. Nobody with a PS4 should go through the rest of April without atleast renting it to play through that sequence.

Are you referring to Baldor? Im about 8-9 hours in. Spend the last 3 hours exploring the Lake of Nines after i got to it. It pretty much goes full open world there and is incredible.

Seriously people, im 13% through this game and its incredible. Dont rent it, buy it. This is the game of the year and the best overall game since Witcher 3. Im gonna be obsessed and playing nonstop it for at least a month or so. 97654754664/10 rating from me.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:26 PM, TXsteeler said:

Wins the Xbox vs Playstation exclusive war is what i'm guessing he means.

I own both an xboneS and a PS4 and tbh, the this gen xbox has absolutely nothing in terms of good exclusives imo. Halo 5 and Gears 4 are trash compared to what the series started out with, and besides that most xbox exclusives are playable on a computer so almost anyone can try them out.

I wish I had never gotten an xbone tbh, a switch would offer so much more.

I actually meant Sony won another big time exclusive, but if you wanna bring XB1 into this, there are how many games I can't already play on PC again? 

Spider-Man on the other hand...

46 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Im about 8-9 hours in. Spend the last 3 hours exploring the Lake of Nines after i got to it. It pretty much goes full open world there and is incredible.

Seriously people, im 13% through this game and its incredible. Dont rent it, buy it. This is the game of the year and the best overall game since Witcher 3. Im gonna be obsessed and playing nonstop it for at least a month or so. 97654754664/10 rating from me.

You should change your first sentence to a spoiler or something because it just refers to him as a stranger for me still and I'm several hours in, and you don't even get a semi confirmation that it's him for a while, but yes, that fight was more fun than several other games I've bought in their entirety, no hyperbole.

20 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I actually meant Sony won another big time exclusive, but if you wanna bring XB1 into this, there are how many games I can't already play on PC again? 

Spider-Man on the other hand...

I actually already made that point for you, wasn't arguing it.

Archived