Why There's Zero Chance We Take Allen, But Why We're Not Taking Darnold

Mind Character

Just now, candyman93 said:

I don’t want to trade down, but I’d take that deal since we also pick 4th. It’d be literally impossible for us to screw up with 3 1sts and 5 2nds.

I just like my scenario where we are able to stick it to Bill B for not giving us an actual shot at trading for Jimmy G last season.  Yeah, he got screwed over here by Art the Fart, but that boat has sailed.  

While I am sticking with wanting Baker #1, I would be fine with Darnold (or Rosen). However, if it is Allen I am flying in from Japan to join you all ...will need one of you to bring a spare pitchfork since I cannot get through security at the airport with one though.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

1. Darnold 2. Mayfield 3. Rosen. 

I hate Allen 

mayfiekd needs a stronger cast then Darnold inmo though. God I wish he was like 2 inches taller ugh 

I think Darnold needs a stronger cast. At least more aggressive receivers. Neither are dink and dunk QBs, both can lead a high powered offense. Darnold throws a lot more 50/50 balls and probably too many while Mayfield probably not enough of those throws but he didn't really have to force the issue, he progresses quickly and his offense was much more dynamic than Darnold's. I prefer Mayfield's arm and Darnolds pocket awareness. I think both will be good and I'd take Mayfield simply because I think it's easier to teach someone to throw a punch than to teach someone when not to throw a punch, not always though.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think Darnold needs a stronger cast. At least more aggressive receivers. Neither are dink and dunk QBs, both can lead a high powered offense. Darnold throws a lot more 50/50 balls and probably too many while Mayfield probably not enough of those throws but he didn't really have to force the issue, he progresses quickly and his offense was much more dynamic than Darnold's. I prefer Mayfield's arm and Darnolds pocket awareness. I think both will be good and I'd take Mayfield simply because I think it's easier to teach someone to throw a punch than to teach someone when not to throw a punch, not always though.

If we take Darnold I want Chubb because I feel like he’ll turn the ball over more and we’ll need to compensate for that. If we take Mayfield I want Barkley because he can take a swing pass and turn it into 30+

6 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

If it's Allen, I want in. Can bring a lighter.

If the pick is Allen, I say we quench the thirst of our fire with the blood of the Haslams. Even if we gotta cut a swathe southward, all the way to Tennessee to do it. Cleveland winter is coming!

Archived