Richie Incognito Retires

LeeEvans

Just now, LeeEvans said:

So I guess we're down a pro bowl LG now. Richie sent out a tweet claiming "I'm done" and Vic Carucci confirmed it. 

Well i think it has to do with his new contract as he pretty much tweeted they are fired after realizing his contract reduction sucked. I think if the bills want him then they need to offer him a 2 year deal which can give him more money and keep him happy. This late in the offseason he has to be resigned.

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well i think it has to do with his new contract as he pretty much tweeted they are fired after realizing his contract reduction sucked. I think if the bills want him then they need to offer him a 2 year deal which can give him more money and keep him happy. This late in the offseason he has to be resigned.

I mean it's possible but you don't usually see that. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I mean it's possible but you don't usually see that. 

Im just guessing but he was fine taking a pay cut then this week he publicly tweeted after spending 10 years as your agent to fire them publicly like that means he is unhappy with his agreement. He could have easily retired without doing what he did to his agent last week. He is clearly frustrated with the little amount of money he has when he sees how much more these younger guys are making and since coming to buffalo his act has been cleaned up and has been a top contributor on that oline. I think the bills just need to suck it up and pay him especially bringing in a rookie qb to learn. Not only does LG become a problem but the growth that Dawkins was having with him on his side can be hindered plus the question at center can become worse. So to me Incognito is a vital part of that oline for this season.

So now we're looking at below average players at LG, C, RG and RT.

For those who are in homer denial, our OL was horrible is pass pro that was masked by Tyrod Taylor's elusiveness. If we trade all our equity into the top 4 it's gonna be a long year in regards to pass protection 

43 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So now we're looking at below average players at LG, C, RG and RT.

For those who are in homer denial, our OL was horrible is pass pro that was masked by Tyrod Taylor's elusiveness. If we trade all our equity into the top 4 it's gonna be a long year in regards to pass protection 

it was going to be a long year no matter what, the bills brass needs to move up and get the qb and focus on the other stuff later. before richie retired or even if he actually does the season was going to be a loss compared to 2017 as I do not see the bills making the playoffs but longterm this is the right move cause they can finally get a qb. You keep filling other positions other then the QB the team will continue treading water like they have had by barely staying afloat as they will be again be without a franchise qb. It is easier to fill other positions then it is qb, if you have a chance to get the guy who will be your franchise qb for 10 years you take it no matter what and then focus on the other guys.

21 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

it was going to be a long year no matter what, the bills brass needs to move up and get the qb and focus on the other stuff later. before richie retired or even if he actually does the season was going to be a loss compared to 2017 as I do not see the bills making the playoffs but longterm this is the right move cause they can finally get a qb. You keep filling other positions other then the QB the team will continue treading water like they have had by barely staying afloat as they will be again be without a franchise qb. It is easier to fill other positions then it is qb, if you have a chance to get the guy who will be your franchise qb for 10 years you take it no matter what and then focus on the other guys.

So you believe a QB can actually progress properly when under constant bombardment ? I don't .. Tim Couch and David Carr come to mind from this post.

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

So you believe a QB can actually progress properly when under constant bombardment ? I don't .. Tim Couch and David Carr come to mind from this post.

Than don't play him immediately. It's a lot easier to fill holes on the offensive line than fill holes at franchise QB. You really wanna start AJ McCarron at QB long term so we can draft a guard in the first round? 

18 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Than don't play him immediately. It's a lot easier to fill holes on the offensive line than fill holes at franchise QB. You really wanna start AJ McCarron at QB long term so we can draft a guard in the first round? 

Oh C'Mon man

That's not even remotely close to what I said. 

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Oh C'Mon man

That's not even remotely close to what I said. 

I'm just saying that I don't think we're going to be in the position to get a top QB again and we need to do it regardless of what the offense line situation is. Its obviously not ideal but I think that QB should be priority #1. 

Rereading your comment I think I took it a different way than intended. We definitely need to get creative on the offensive line.

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

I'm just saying that I don't think we're going to be in the position to get a top QB again and we need to do it regardless of what the offense line situation is. Its obviously not ideal but I think that QB should be priority #1. 

Rereading your comment I think I took it a different way than intended. We definitely need to get creative on the offensive line.

Yea, what I'm basically saying is I'm against to moving up at the expense of..

12,22, 2nd round pick and 2019 1, which will be bare minimum to what Giants and Browns will want.

If we go say 12, 22 to get to 6,7 and down by being creative like you said, I'm totally on board.

Good news, there's a handful of guards in the 2nd and 3rd round that can start right away.

Bad news, we might trade a lot of those picks for a QB.

More bad news, we have other holes we need to use those picks on too. 

We're going to be in for a very rough year in 2019 unless one of these QB's fall outside the top 5 and I don't see that happening.

10 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Good news, there's a handful of guards in the 2nd and 3rd round that can start right away.

Bad news, we might trade a lot of those picks for a QB.

More bad news, we have other holes we need to use those picks on too. 

We're going to be in for a very rough year in 2019 unless one of these QB's fall outside the top 5 and I don't see that happening.

Hopefully 2019 turns out as rough as 2018. 

Archived