Dez Bryant Released

WizardHawk

41 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And Dez had his best playoff game with Dak not Romo.  

That doesn't mean a single thing in regard to the point I was making. 

They don't get along. If you want to counter my point you'll have to prove that Cam and Smith were homies. Good luck.

Lol, can you prove they werent? 

To be frank, we have seen Dak and Dez link up for some tremendous plays over the last two years. This been some misses, but a lot of it can be directly linked to hands all over Dak as he tries to make the throw. Other attempts that were clean, did look like odd rounded off routes, or a bad decision or misfire. But those happen, and are often unavoidable at times.

I dont think Dez and Dak have issues with each other. And letting Dez walk will only hurt Dak, not help. And theres likely no rookie wideout available at 19 or 50 or whatever who can come in and fill that hole. And if this is over some unspoken rift, that would be crazy - Dak needs to call up Dez and go have a few shots of bourbon and get over it then. Because if hes throwing to Hurns and Williams as his top two guys, hes going to have a rough outing. Again.

46 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I think he meant Dak and Dez. I'm not saying they're bros, but I haven't heard them bumping heads like this

• Like 1

Well word of things like this comes after the break up guys, not before.

And, i'm not saying they are re-living every facet Cam and Steve's relationship anyway. I'm just comparing the situation. It seems pretty obvious that the two aren't homies. 

"Guess I just need to put the ball right on his face mask and don't give him a chance to drop it!"

Comments like this, they are never hanging out, the age difference, one is a party boy, one is not, and the fact that they have OBVIOUS chemistry problems make think they don't get along as well as some.

Edited by DaBoys

With the way they interact on the sideline, especially if Dak isn't even looking at him, plus things like this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/24/dak-prescott-has-a-message-for-dez-bryant/

The obvious problems they are having on the field, and what those problems mean for a relationship off of it.

C'mon

At this point it's a safer bet to say they probably don't see eye to eye very often.

Eh, maybe. But nobody really seemed to care if they were boys or not before last few weeks of this season.

I still don't care, frankly. You don't have to be friends, just get the job done on the field (which admittedly, has been the problem. Though I'm not convinced cutting Dez is the right answer)

• Like 1

Looks like Mickey Spags is bad-mouthing Dez for the first time.  When that Company lapdog sheathes his "Sword of Shill", you know that player is gone.   Dez' departure confirmed.  

Just when we were looking to move on from Romo's dead money, we now tack on more..

Edited by ///mcompact

2 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

hope he goes to a team with a decent qb and shows the cowboys they were wrong

You think that will finally signal to our GM that Garrett's offense doesn't work unless you have every player performing at a Pro-Bowl level at ever snap?  It should. 

2 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Looks like Mickey Spags is bad-mouthing Dez for the first time.  When that Company lapdog sheathes his "Sword of Shill", you know that player is gone.   Dez' departure confirmed.  

Just when we were looking to move on from Romo's dead money, we now tack on more..

If we don’t designate him a June 1 cut, we won’t have any dead money. But I agree, Spags bad mouthing him doesn’t bode well. He’s been Joan’s mouthpiece for years.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If we don’t designate him a June 1 cut, we won’t have any dead money. But I agree, Spags bad mouthing him doesn’t bode well. He’s been Joan’s mouthpiece for years.

Hmmm...I guess I need to go to a special seminar on how to decipher "over the cap".   I was under the impression that we would owe him $4M in 2019, in addition to what we owe him in 2018 ($8M).  Meaning, that no matter how we wanted to pay the $8M guaranteed in 2018 (all now or push half forward into 2019) we'd still have $4M staring us in the face in 2019 ($12M overall guaranteed left on his contract).   So basically, we're eating $8M/$4M or $4M/$8M (2018/2019).  That was the assumption I was working on...which is probably wrong.

Is he only owed $8m and that's it? 

Edited by ///mcompact