Dez Bryant Released

WizardHawk

If Dez goes, I will find it very, very hard to any longer be a fan of this team. Not even joking or overreacting. The Romo decision was a hard pill to swallow as it was. If they follow that up just one year later by unjustly and unwisely getting rid of Dez freaking Bryant.. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRp2FNw371Q

If you think Dez’s lack of production is all his fault.. well, you’re wrong. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

If Dez goes, I will find it very, very hard to any longer be a fan of this team. Not even joking or overreacting. The Romo decision was a hard pill to swallow as it was. If they follow that up just one year later by unjustly and unwisely getting rid of Dez freaking Bryant.. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRp2FNw371Q

If you think Dez’s lack of production is all his fault.. well, you’re wrong. 

I love that video. He has another that shows every incompletion last year. Here it is

People dont realize that film doesnt lie. You can talk stats and measurables, but they can be inflated, they can be worked out for to shave off .15 or bang out 5 more reps what have you...but football is football and film doesnt lie.

Some bad throws, some complete no looks, some issues with drops when he did get the look, and playing injured were tremendous factors. Add in cloud assignments, lack of a threat opposite him, and a.missing Zeke..and Bryant was bound to fail.

Yes he needs to hang onto some of those balls. Yes he needs to stop rounding off his routes at the end, and yes, maybe work harder to Dak and develop a bit more understanding of each other. But Dez was.not some Noah Brown out there like people make him sound. That is complete, uneducated garbage. Watch the damn film and learn the darn sport.

Worse still? The whole "Jeffery did better than him as a FA" argument. Better how? Running fades and gos up the seam for.big gains and scores? We had a guy for 1/7th the pay doing that in Butler, when we wanted it. Dez can do it all, has always done it all, and people, especially this teams fan base, are far too quick to jump on and off bandwagons over the slightest things. A bad year? Youre hot garbage, never were good, lost a step, should be cut, etc. A great year? The next best thing, HOF bound, the talk of the town, best ever to play the position. Its a or nothing band wagoning.

Watch the darn film.

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

A pay cut or a pay conversion? Guys like Rap always convey it as a cut. Tom Brady "took a pay cut" that paid him an extra 8million now but lowered his immediate cap hit. 

Either way it makes sense to ask. But to expect him to? Silly.

Sad to think that this is actually possible.  Would be incredibly stupid not to keep Dez, especially at this point.  The top FAs are all gone and I don't want to be forced into drafting a top WR early (I'm not in love with the top WRs in the draft anyway).  We can handle the cap hit and it is easier to release him next year if things still don't work out.  Not to mention I haven't given up on Dez yet.

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I love that video. He has another that shows every incompletion last year. Here it is

People dont realize that film doesnt lie. You can talk stats and measurables, but they can be inflated, they can be worked out for to shave off .15 or bang out 5 more reps what have you...but football is football and film doesnt lie.

Some bad throws, some complete no looks, some issues with drops when he did get the look, and playing injured were tremendous factors. Add in cloud assignments, lack of a threat opposite him, and a.missing Zeke..and Bryant was bound to fail.

Yes he needs to hang onto some of those balls. Yes he needs to stop rounding off his routes at the end, and yes, maybe work harder to Dak and develop a bit more understanding of each other. But Dez was.not some Noah Brown out there like people make him sound. That is complete, uneducated garbage. Watch the damn film and learn the darn sport.

Worse still? The whole "Jeffery did better than him as a FA" argument. Better how? Running fades and gos up the seam for.big gains and scores? We had a guy for 1/7th the pay doing that in Butler, when we wanted it. Dez can do it all, has always done it all, and people, especially this teams fan base, are far too quick to jump on and off bandwagons over the slightest things. A bad year? Youre hot garbage, never were good, lost a step, should be cut, etc. A great year? The next best thing, HOF bound, the talk of the town, best ever to play the position. Its a or nothing band wagoning.

Watch the darn film.

Better how??? He won a fricking SB!!!!! 

21 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Sad to think that this is actually possible.  Would be incredibly stupid not to keep Dez, especially at this point.  The top FAs are all gone and I don't want to be forced into drafting a top WR early (I'm not in love with the top WRs in the draft anyway).  We can handle the cap hit and it is easier to release him next year if things still don't work out.  Not to mention I haven't given up on Dez yet.

So all I am hearing is "release him next year." 

By that rationale you are saying this is an all or nothing year for Dez. SB or bust!

Well, if that is our intention, give me E Thomas anyday and twice on Sunday.

Why??? He has a ring and experience in 2 SB s.

Dez has a perplexed look on his face as to why he didn't catch the ball!

9 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

By that rationale you are saying this is an all or nothing year for Dez. SB or bust!

.. Please, please don't tell me you actually think a player's value and skill is based upon the amount of super bowls they have won or not won. Dez's value to the team doesn't have to be defined by whether or not the team wins a superbowl. Obviously if there is the possibility that he makes the team better by being on it opposed to not being on it and the team can afford to pay him, then logically you keep the guy regardless of whether or not you end up winning the super bowl. 

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Again, watch the film. Theres rarely a question as.to why he didnt catch it. Overthrows. Led into coverage. Highly contest throws. Cloud coverage. No other factors to ease his burden. Rushed throws because of terrible pressure.

You are blinding yourself to whats on the field and ignoring the tape entirely man.

And Im not saying all or nothing for Dez. Hurns should ease some burden and help. If Dez can look more like 2014 Dez, hes sorth that cap hit next year and an extension, even a year or two, could lower that hit. He doesnt HAVE TO be cut next year. But he should be afforded a fair chance. He wasnt afforded one last year and hes being judged on it unfairly.

And you really think Jeffery is better because he won a ring? Now I know you are just bandwagoning because that is an insanely laughable comment. Was Bradshaw better than Marino? Dilfer better than Romo? Brad Johnson better than McNabb? No no no no and no.

Teams win championships.

The 2017 Eagles were a great team. They excelled at pressure and protection. Doesnt mean all their players were better because they won a ring. It means they were a great unit as a whole. That protection was the best I remember since .. probably Bradys in 2004. That pass rush, best since the Giants in 2011. And Wentz was jjst simply money..Foles llayed great also, mainly because, again, he had all the damn time in the world to find his guys. 

So no Jeffery is not better. His best wasnt even close to what we know.Dez can do. Stop letting one bad play, one.bad year, one good year, one good play etc dictate your opinion forever. Thats bandwagoning at its finest. Watch the film.

Need it again? Here it is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Worse still? The whole "Jeffery did better than him as a FA" argument. Better how? Running fades and gos up the seam for.big gains and scores? We had a guy for 1/7th the pay doing that in Butler, when we wanted it. Dez can do it all, has always done it all, and people, especially this teams fan base, are far too quick to jump on and off bandwagons over the slightest things. A bad year? Youre hot garbage, never were good, lost a step, should be cut, etc. A great year? The next best thing, HOF bound, the talk of the town, best ever to play the position. Its a or nothing band wagoning. Watch the darn film.

Right. It drives me absolutely crazy. Jeffery is seen as such a positive presence in Philly.. and yet Dez is seen as a negative by so many even though the production was more or less exactly the same even with Dez clearly not having an ideal situation to succeed. Emotional and reactionary arguments mean way more in football than arguments and points that actually make sense. It's why I can't even debate about the sport anymore. There's no winning. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

We can watch tape all day. The fact still remains, production pays and lack of it gets you walking papers. Most of us know what’s on the film is what should be graded on, but you can’t ignore the stats too. That’s how the NFL work’s. Dez has had statistically 3 years of sup par performances for the pay thats he’s getting. Couple that with his sideline passion/antics, it’s a recipe for disaster. 

We as fans dont see the full story story of what’s goin on behind the scenes. We are trying to build an offense that is Dak friendly. Do we want that type of player in this offense? 

The final question looking for the long term is, Is Dez, Dak friendly???? And if so, at what cost?? 

Edited by textaz03

Sideline antics? What?! lol The guys been the most passionate on the team. One time he looked like he was barking at players, and the  the audio came out "No one can stop us when we.do that, we the best in the Nfl on that, best in the Nfl!" Thats leadership. Not antics.

Second, what is causing those stats? He missed how many games one year?.Played with Weeden and Cassel another year, and then played hurt and with a struggling team another year.

If you take stats on their own as you are and ignore the context, you make bad decisions. Example I keep using is Roy Williams. 2005 or 6, he had 5 picks. Newman had 1. So therefore Williams was an all pro stud safety and deserved a fat contract, while Newman did not? Reality was, Roy was thrown at 10+ times a game because he was atrocious in cover 2 and had many more opportunities to get those picks than Newman, who saw 2 targets a game at most.

Laurent Robinson..he has a.ton of tds as a fourth option in the slot. Deserved a fat contract xause of his stats right? Wrong. He flaked out hard. Why? Context. Those yards and scores were the result of over extended coverage to the outside targets giving him easy matchups, free releases and an all around easy day every Sunday.

Context man, context. And Dez's context is crappy. Film doesnt lie. Stats can. Context and xs and os simply do not. Any FO, scout or coach can tell you how stats can really make things look on paper a way they absolutely are not on the field.

Tape man. Watch that video I linked. Every incomplete to Dez. Of them all, maybe only 8 or 9 were his fault, and 5 or 6 of them only his fault. The guy played DB as often as receiver in some games. By my count Dak could have had 19 picks of not for Dez playing smart football

Watch the games. The tape. Not the stat book. Thats the biggest mistake you can make as an educated fan.

9 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Again, watch the film. Theres rarely a question as.to why he didnt catch it. Overthrows. Led into coverage. Highly contest throws. Cloud coverage. No other factors to ease his burden. Rushed throws because of terrible pressure.

You are blinding yourself to whats on the field and ignoring the tape entirely man.

And Im not saying all or nothing for Dez. Hurns should ease some burden and help. If Dez can look more like 2014 Dez, hes sorth that cap hit next year and an extension, even a year or two, could lower that hit. He doesnt HAVE TO be cut next year. But he should be afforded a fair chance. He wasnt afforded one last year and hes being judged on it unfairly.

And you really think Jeffery is better because he won a ring? Now I know you are just bandwagoning because that is an insanely laughable comment. Was Bradshaw better than Marino? Dilfer better than Romo? Brad Johnson better than McNabb? No no no no and no.

Teams win championships.

The 2017 Eagles were a great team. They excelled at pressure and protection. Doesnt mean all their players were better because they won a ring. It means they were a great unit as a whole. That protection was the best I remember since .. probably Bradys in 2004. That pass rush, best since the Giants in 2011. And Wentz was jjst simply money..Foles llayed great also, mainly because, again, he had all the damn time in the world to find his guys. 

So no Jeffery is not better. His best wasnt even close to what we know.Dez can do. Stop letting one bad play, one.bad year, one good year, one good play etc dictate your opinion forever. Thats bandwagoning at its finest. Watch the film.

Need it again? Here it is

I've seen the film. But you keep giving me "IF" Dez can return to 2014 form. He had Romo then, who was a much better QB than Dak, he was younger, less injury prone and it did not help us win a title.

I'm sorry but for those of you that discount a championship as testament to how well a high profile, paid to be thee guy player, performs is BS. A championship is WHY you pay that player that kind of money. You expect returns on your investment. And in football the return is a CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

The biggest difference between the way Jeffrey and Dez played last year was this, Jeffrey was money. He was there and caught the ball when it was thrown his way. His routes were run with accuracy and he produced when needed. Dez did not. Not with any consistency.

But with that aside, let me very clear. I am not saying CUT Dez Bryant. I am saying if I had the choice to trade him even up for E. Thomas I would do it. I believe Thomas, at this point in our teams development, would be a greater asset than Dez Bryant. His numbers have gone down consistently in the past 3 years and his injuries have piled up.

I see nothing that has developed during the off season that leads me to believe this is going to change for Dez.

So, with that said, I believe Thomas can help this team next season more than Bryant.

9 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

.. Please, please don't tell me you actually think a player's value and skill is based upon the amount of super bowls they have won or not won. Dez's value to the team doesn't have to be defined by whether or not the team wins a superbowl. Obviously if there is the possibility that he makes the team better by being on it opposed to not being on it and the team can afford to pay him, then logically you keep the guy regardless of whether or not you end up winning the super bowl. 

See my latest post to reply to your post.