Trade up for Rosen

ericsvibe

With the draft quickly approaching, rumors are starting to swirl around certain prospects. Of course, QB's will stay the center of attention, and now some information is leaking out from teams in the top 5. Apparently, Rosen hasn't done to well in the interviews. Front offices have used words like, smug, disinterested, cold. Some have suggested that Rosen may be bombing interviews on purpose, trying to influence where he gets drafted. Because money isn't a concern for Rosen, he cares more about where he plays, than what pick. Rosen has already burned the Browns, and now word is the Giants are going to pass on Rosen, and the Jets prefer Allen and Mayfield over him. The Browns will pass again and that leaves Denver, and the rumor is that they also prefer Allen and Mayfield over Rosen, and would pass on Rosen for G Nelson. The rumors seen to be so solid that some people are predicting that the Patriots might be willing to trade up for Rosen in the picks 8 though 10, depending on what the Bills do. Rumors from the Bills camp say they want Allen, with Mayfield being a very close second. All of this points to Rosen dropping out of the top 5. A few more rumors, Rosen reportedly prefers a warm climate team. Rosen reportedly had a great interview with Miami, which would make sense as Miami would be perfect based on his interests. The only negative is the Dolphins will have to jump ahead of the Patriots, meaning going all the way to the 6th pick. That means the Dolphins will have to give up 2 firsts and multiple other picks to move up. Do you guys think it is worth it? Rosen has all of the tools. He is the most talented QB in this class for a West Coast offense team. Could this be another scenario where the Dolphins have a player fall into their range that no one though would be available. What do you think?

1 minute ago, ericsvibe said:

Could this be another scenario where the Dolphins have a player fall into their range that no one though would be available. What do you think?

As the draft gets closer and closer I become more and more okay with the idea of trading up for Rosen (and Rosen only, GTFO with trading up for Mayfield). I think he's the best QB in the draft.

I don't think it will happen, however, and it wouldn't be my 1st 2nd or 3rd choice of scenario.

I see the Pats targeting Rudolph more likely than trading all the way up for Rosen.  I don’t think we have the firepower to move up for Rosen unless the Bills trade up for A QB not named Rosen.  I just don’t see Rosen getting out of the top 5 picks.  Despite all the rumors I still see the Giants either trading down and receiving a fortune or drafting Rosen.  I’ve been wrong plenty of times but I would be very surprised if Rosen isn’t the second or third QB off the board and is still available after pick 4.

As for us trading up for Rosen, I’m all for it if our Front Office, Scouts, and Coaching staff sign off on the pick.  I think Rosen is the most NFL ready QB this draft and could be ready to start half way through the season.

18 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The Patriots will trade up for Josh Rosen unless another team does, and if Rosen is offthe table, you will see the Patriots then shoot for Mason Rudolph most likely.

I'm not sure, Brady is reportedly sensitive to the idea of early-round QB, reportedly forced the hand of Belichick to trade Jimmy G. Being that he wants to play for another 5 years reportedly, I'm not entirely convinced the Patriots are targeting a QB. Belichick may want to, but Kraft seems like he wants to cater to Brady as much as possible (reportedly, Kraft ordered Belichick to trade Jimmy G at Brady's request).

13 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm not sure, Brady is reportedly sensitive to the idea of early-round QB, reportedly forced the hand of Belichick to trade Jimmy G. Being that he wants to play for another 5 years reportedly, I'm not entirely convinced the Patriots are targeting a QB. Belichick may want to, but Kraft seems like he wants to cater to Brady as much as possible (reportedly, Kraft ordered Belichick to trade Jimmy G at Brady's request).

Not sure if I buy any of those rumors, tbh, if they draft a first round QB they'd have him under contract through the 2022 season. Brady would have to play 4 years longer than Favre. Not happening.

7 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Not sure if I buy any of those rumors, tbh, if they draft a first round QB they'd have him under contract through the 2022 season. Brady would have to play 4 years longer than Favre. Not happening.

I've just stopped speculating about when Brady is going to decline at this point. Favre's play was much more dependent on his physical attributes than Brady's is... I'm not sure I can doubt his ability to play longer than Favre at this point.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm not sure I can doubt his ability to play longer than Favre at this point.

Neither can I, but 45 is beyond reasonable expectations even for Brady. The five seasons from 41-45 would be one hell of a grind.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Neither can I, but 45 is beyond reasonable expectations even for Brady. The five seasons from 41-45 would be one hell of a grind.

Perhaps, but in his own mind, I honestly think Brady himself thinks he can. I think only an injury or a sharp decline would make him think about retiring in those years. And either way, he's good friends with Kraft which makes me doubt Kraft would do anything to threaten Brady at this point.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

The Patriots are drafting a quarterback in the first round and this will be Brady’s last season with the Patriots.

Please just don't be Rosen or Jackson (I'm assuming Darnold is not a possibility). Rumors are the Jets want to take Mayfield at 6.

58 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Brady has always been sensitive to the idea of an “early-round QB” but so what. Brady’s MVP season forced Belichick’s hand and as much as anything to move Garoppolo. Brady said what he said over a year ago. After this past season, the Patriots and Brady are only expected to be together for, at most, two more seasons. Kraft balances his support evenly between Brady and Belichick. In the last 24 hours a lot has been made in the media about Kraft’s interview where he addresses the future at QB. Essentially Kraft says there is no issue between Brady or the team regarding his contract right now, but if there is, it will be addressed at that time. Meanwhile, the Patriots worked out Mason Rudolph privately this past week and have been linked to just about every quarterback except Sam Darnold and Josh Allen.

Some more information on this topic. The Giants are asking for a kings ransom for the #2 pick. Word from the Bills is that they called, and aren't willing to give up that much. The beat reporter for the Giants say that if Darnold is there, they will pick him. If Darnold is gone, they are going to pick Barkley. The Giants also like Lauletta and think they can get him at the top of the second round. The rumors are saying hat the Bills are going to try to get to the 6th pick if Allen or Mayfield are still on the board, they don't want Rosen. Some of the stuff I have heard is kind of unbelievable that a prospect would be this bold, but Rosen is a different kind of prospect. Some teams said that was very arrogant, and they feared he wouldn't fit in. Rosen was known for flaunting his money in college, but all NFL guys do that. The other big problem being reported is that Rosen has warned teams that he will be very outspoken. Some owners want to avoid controversy, and this has also hurt his prospects. During the combine, Rosen said that teams that are thinking of drafting him need to be aware that he will be himself, and won't just shut up to go along. It is going to be a very interesting draft. The AFC East is gearing up to be the best division in football. The Jets will have a young potential franchise QB. The Bills are tying to get one. Lets say that Allen or Mayfield do drop the #6, in that scenario we would see the Bills trade up to get the QB, the Dolphins could then trade up to #7 to grab Rosen. This is going to be a fun draft.

3 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

Some more information on this topic. The Giants are asking for a kings ransom for the #2 pick. Word from the Bills is that they called, and aren't willing to give up that much. The beat reporter for the Giants say that if Darnold is there, they will pick him. If Darnold is gone, they are going to pick Barkley. The Giants also like Lauletta and think they can get him at the top of the second round. The rumors are saying hat the Bills are going to try to get to the 6th pick if Allen or Mayfield are still on the board, they don't want Rosen. Some of the stuff I have heard is kind of unbelievable that a prospect would be this bold, but Rosen is a different kind of prospect. Some teams said that was very arrogant, and they feared he wouldn't fit in. Rosen was known for flaunting his money in college, but all NFL guys do that. The other big problem being reported is that Rosen has warned teams that he will be very outspoken. Some owners want to avoid controversy, and this has also hurt his prospects. During the combine, Rosen said that teams that are thinking of drafting him need to be aware that he will be himself, and won't just shut up to go along. It is going to be a very interesting draft. The AFC East is gearing up to be the best division in football. The Jets will have a young potential franchise QB. The Bills are tying to get one. Lets say that Allen or Mayfield do drop the #6, in that scenario we would see the Bills trade up to get the QB, the Dolphins could then trade up to #7 to grab Rosen. This is going to be a fun draft.

I saw that there is no chance Mayfield falls passed three. I’m not convinced Darnold is picked by the Giants at 2. I think Barkley is the choice.

Archived