Trade up for Rosen

ericsvibe

21 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Please just don't be Rosen or Jackson (I'm assuming Darnold is not a possibility). Rumors are the Jets want to take Mayfield at 6.

The Jets draft third my friend.

I think everyone is overthinking the Patriots in Round 1. 

They lost Cooks, Soldier, Garrapollo and Butler and basically did nothing in free agency.  From the way it sounds, Gronk may only play one or two more years.   They have plenty of picks to reload in the first two rounds.  I don't see them packaging picks to take a QB.  I could see them taking a QB early in Round 2 IF its Rudolph.  Otherwise, the Pats have a ton of holes to fill.  History proves its not the Pats style to move up in the early rounds.  Who wants to explain to Brady they gave up multiple picks (all that could be possible Day 1 starters) for a guy that is going to sit and be a non contributor for the next 2 years?

Pats Draft goes like this.....

1.23 - OT

1.31 - CB

2.9 - TE

2.31 - QB , LB or WR

Getting back on topic of this thread, I wouldn't put it past Rosen that he is tanking interviews.  He is a different breed.  Very well educated and very analytical.  History says QB's success rate goes through the roof if they are drafted into a great situation.  Tanking the Giants interview would surprise me though.  you could sit behind Eli for a year and will more than likely have OBJ and Engram to throw to for the next 7-10 years. 

I'll continue to hope Miami gets a shot at Roqaun Smith, Minkah Fitzpatrick or an absolute early Christmas gift in Quenton Nelson.  But if they did draft a QB, Rosen and Mayfield are at the top of my list.  There are literally 7-8 guys Miami could take that would fill a need.  Would even be open to moving back and grabbing an extra 2nd round pick and taking Vanderesch. 

Don't buy into the Bills and Allen fake hype.

Buffalo scouted zero of his games, has never worked him out and didn't even meet with him at the combine.

Rosen has been the apple of their eye for quite some time. Scouted multiple games, met at the combine, in LA and in Buffalo. Same goes for Rudolph. 

18 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Don't buy into the Bills and Allen fake hype.

Buffalo scouted zero of his games, has never worked him out and didn't even meet with him at the combine.

Rosen has been the apple of their eye for quite some time. Scouted multiple games, met at the combine, in LA and in Buffalo. Same goes for Rudolph. 

I don’t buy the Allen hype, but on the flip side, scouting Rosen also means nothing. Brady Quinn famously had a lot of pre-draft workouts with people close to Miami’s regime. 

I know people have asked why wouldn't Rosen want to go to the Giants. Well, Rosen has been very vocal that he doesn't want to sit out a year and be a backup. With the Giants, if Eli rebounds, that means that Rosen could sit 2 or 3 years on the bench, waiting for Eli to retire. A guy like Rosen, with his ego, doesn't want that. Rosen also hasn't seem to be that interested in the Bills or Jets, but again, he prefers a warm climate team. I think that Rosen is hoping that the Dolphins or Cardinals trade up to draft him. The Cardinals are only a great QB away from having a contender, I don't know why they aren't offering 3 first round picks to the Giants to move up. If we see Darnold, Barkley, Mayfield, Chubb as the first 4 picks, don't leave the room.. The rest of the draft really depends on what Denver does at 5, and if Rosen isn't called, I think we will see Miami moving up.

On 4/12/2018 at 3:53 PM, ericsvibe said:

I know people have asked why wouldn't Rosen want to go to the Giants. Well, Rosen has been very vocal that he doesn't want to sit out a year and be a backup. With the Giants, if Eli rebounds, that means that Rosen could sit 2 or 3 years on the bench, waiting for Eli to retire. A guy like Rosen, with his ego, doesn't want that. Rosen also hasn't seem to be that interested in the Bills or Jets, but again, he prefers a warm climate team. I think that Rosen is hoping that the Dolphins or Cardinals trade up to draft him. The Cardinals are only a great QB away from having a contender, I don't know why they aren't offering 3 first round picks to the Giants to move up. If we see Darnold, Barkley, Mayfield, Chubb as the first 4 picks, don't leave the room.. The rest of the draft really depends on what Denver does at 5, and if Rosen isn't called, I think we will see Miami moving up.

I hope your right and we trade up for Rosen. Its going to cost the kitchen sink but so what if we hit and he's elite it will be worth it

Archived