Predictions for Round 1? See Description Below

HBL052086

29 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

• BAL/LAC/NE/NO/PIT/JAX will not select a QB in round 1. Maybe round 2. (just my sense) 

This is a huge assumption I do not agree with. I think Miami ends up with Josh Rosen and Arizona ends up with Kyle Lauletta. Baltimore takes Lamar Jackson at 15, and if they dont then he will go to LAC, CIN, NO, PIT, or JAX in round 1.

12 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

This is a huge assumption I do not agree with. I think Miami ends up with Josh Rosen and Arizona ends up with Kyle Lauletta. Baltimore takes Lamar Jackson at 15, and if they dont then he will go to LAC, CIN, NO, PIT, or JAX in round 1.

"I think that you can think about life after Joe, but most of the franchise quarterbacks ... I don't know of any franchise quarterbacks that are retiring at 33, 34, 35 anymore -- none of them," Bisciotti said. "Eli [Manning] and Ben [Roethlisberger] and our friend up in New England [Tom Brady], they're all staying [at] 35, 36, 37 -- Drew Brees. So no, that's not really something that we're worried about right now. We've got bigger fish to fry, I guess."

Steve Bisciotti, Ravens owner, 2 months ago regarding whether they would take Flacco's successor this year. 

18 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

14 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I agree, but here's how I see things panning out... 

• 4 of these 6 times will draft a QB in the top 10: CLE, NYG, NYJ, DEN, BUF, MIA
  • of the 6 teams, MIA is least likely to select a QB, followed by DEN. 
  • ARI seems to have a "type" of QB they prefer (see Bradford, Glennon) so it's conceivable they pass on Jackson
  • BAL/LAC/NE/NO/PIT/JAX will not select a QB in round 1. Maybe round 2. (just my sense)  
  • If DEN passes on a QB round 1, it would suggest they're smitten with letting their QB room work its way out as it stands with Keenum the starter and Lynch/Kelly continuing their development, so no QB in round 2 (pick 40). 
  • The main threat would be MIA; do they take him at pick 42? I think they will opt to select a QB in round 3 instead. Their are a lot of breadcrumbs pointing to Luke Falk. Still, very possible they would pick him here. 
  • NE has a clear "type" of QB (prefer pocket passers) and I don't see Lamar in that mold. Pass in round 2  (pick 43). 
  • With WAS and GB picking before CIN, it's likely he'd fall into their laps. Sure another team can jump them, but I'll continue to point to Kizer last year, who was supremely talented, but raw, and he fell to pick 52 despite many saying he'd go late 1st to a team that needs to "develop a QB"... 

Remember, this class isn't only volume at the top; it's deep throughout. Outside the top 4 and Lamar Jackson, it's conceivable to think that teams will have Day 2 grades on Rudolph, Lauletta, White, and Falk. We could see a situation unfold like 2011/2012, where 4-5 QBs go in round 1, 2-3 in round 2, and 2-3 in round 3. With teams having alternative options, they may not feel as pressured to take a QB at the end of round 1, opting to go BPA and target the signal caller on day 2. 

Imo one of Arizona, Buff, Mia, Bal, LAC, NO, Jax will take Jackson in the 1st. Jackson is too good of a prospect to make it to round 2. 

** I would love to see Jackson in NE teamed up with Belicheck. He would take over the leauge.

Archived