Falcons CB Jalen Collins suspended 10 games

SteelKing728

15 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

He'll probably get signed in training camp as a desperation flier, he sits out the first 10 games and knows your defense and might provide a boost for the stretch run. 

If a player is suspended they can’t practice or even be on the facilities for the 10 weeks.   Wouldn’t that seem far more important in picking up a team’s D than preseason?  Given he hasn’t played in a while I don’t know if he gets much into his at all with the inability to even do film or practice. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

If a player is suspended they can’t practice or even be on the facilities for the 10 weeks.   Wouldn’t that seem far more important in picking up a team’s D than preseason?  Given he hasn’t played in a while I don’t know if he gets much into his at all with the inability to even do film or practice. 

Maybe its the opposite then. A young team that isnt gonna compete yet but might see someone with potential if he stops getting suspended 

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Will he still make the team? Who replaces him?

Yeah he's been long gone from us i didn't even know he didn't get picked up after we released him last year.   As far as his replacement we already have our 7 CB's on the roster and ready to go in  Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Brian Poole, Justin Bethel,  Blidi-Wreh Wilson, Damontae Kazee, and Leon Mcfadden.   Kazee is a backup Safety as well he did pretty solid last year as depth for both positions.   In General our Secondary is stout what we really need to keep working on is getting about 2 or 3 more DT's in here as we only have 1 on the roster.  A SDE/DT and a NT as the main 2 types. and then some Lb depth.  Thats about it for the defense. 

On 4/10/2018 at 3:52 PM, Broncofan said:

I thought that they changed that rule a few years ago to where you can do anything EXCEPT travel with the team, warm up, or play?

Archived