2018 REDSKINS FORUM MOCK DRAFT COMPETITION!

Thaiphoon

1. CLE - QB Sam Darnold

2. NYG - RB Saquon Barkley
3. NYJ - QB Baker Mayfield
4. CLE - DE Bradley Chubb
5. DEN - QB Josh Rosen
6. BUF - QB Josh Allen **TRADE**
7. TB - S Derwin James
8. CHI - LB Roquan Smith
9. SF - G Quenton Nelson
10. OAK - CB Denzel Ward
11. MIA - LB Tremaine Edmunds
12. IND - S Minkah Fitzpatrick **TRADE**
13. WAS - DT Vita Vea
14. CAR - WR Calvin Ridley **TRADE**
15. ARI - CB Josh Jackson
16. BAL - DE Marcus Davenport
17. SD - DT Da’Ron Payne
18. SEA - OT Mike McGlinchey
19. DAL - DT Taven Bryan
20. DET - OLB Harold Landry
21. CIN - C James Daniels
22. IND - LB Rashaan Evans **TRADE**
23. NE - CB Jaire Alexander
24. GB - WR DJ Moore **TRADE**
25. NYG - G Will Hernandez **TRADE**
26. ATL - G Isaiah Wynn
27. NO - TE Hayden Hurst
28. PIT - LB Leighton Vander Esch
29. JAX - TE Dallas Goedert
30. TB - RB Sony Michel **TRADE**
31. NE - OL Kolton Miller
32. GB - CB Mike Hughes **TRADE**

So, before I get into the results, my snark from the peanut gallery.

First off, it's a REALLY good thing I re-read the scoring rules because I was going to report some incorrect scores had I not. It made the competition MUCH closer.

Second, @Thaiphoon, really?! What the hell, man! The Redskins scoring calculations are as big as the rest of the rules combined. :D Thankfully, with them staying put I didn't have to tear out my hair trying to get the scores to work, especially since we ended up with fifteen entries (I want to say that's near double the average).

Third, a bunch of you needed to check the "Administrative Rules" section:

On 4/10/2018 at 5:29 PM, Thaiphoon said:

3. I am ONLY going by the position listed at NFL.COM for that player. I don't care if you think that OT from that FCS school is going to play Guard in the NFL. If he's listed as OT on NFL.COM, then if you list him as a Guard, you will only get credit for the player and not the position. Again...this is important. Because in the past this was the difference between someone winning and someone coming in 2nd in the competition. I'm not going to try to do judgement calls on if you're right about his projection. Similarly, if he;s listed as OLB and you think he will be moved inside to ILB, don't list him as ILB or LB if NFL.COM does not have him listed as that position. I hope I've been clear.

A lot of "LB" Roquan Smith votes lost six points. And yes, it DID matter.

Thai, as a suggestion from my experience running the Survivor Pool, if you have a rule like this, you need to list it first, in bold, 28-36 point font (at least), offset spatially from the other rules, color it red or some other bright color (but one that works with a white background) and reiterate it at least once ... and still accept that people will get it wrong. :D

Fourth, quite a few of you would have benefited from double-checking your work. There were quite a few entries with "SD" or "San Diego" picking at 17. I was nice. Okay, Thaiphoon was nice and said that counted for you (I debated being a jerk). Also, that might have prevented a player from getting drafted twice (which could have changed the final results).

Fifth, we mods (current and former) are good at many things ... but mock draft competitions do not seem to be one of them. No, @e16bball, parking lot mocks are NOT the best mocks. :D (I gave Thai a lot of grief in the draft discussion thread, I couldn't let you slide unnoticed)

Finally, from the rules:

On 4/10/2018 at 5:29 PM, Thaiphoon said:

So if you had the Redskins at #13 and you picked  Redskins, DT, Da'Ron Payne and it was indeed Payne, you would get a total of 10 points.

Well done, sir! (since this example was listed in the "Basic" scoring section, I'm not going to point out that it technically was worth 30 points)

Now, had you only put that in your actual entry and not Minkah Fitzpatrick ...

Before I reveal the scores, I want just a quick clarification from @Thaiphoon: the final score is just the positional bonus adjusted score plus the Redskins positional bonus (if earned), correct? It's not the basic plus positional adjusted plus Redskins bonus, right? (something else you probably want to make clear for next year's rules)

NOTE: I am going to doublecheck the lists after getting a morning nap (staying up to nearly 3AM and then getting up at 7AM to help get the kids to school is not conducive to getting things right. So, the final scores will be probably be released this afternoon, tonight at the latest.

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Before I reveal the scores, I want just a quick clarification from @Thaiphoon: the final score is just the positional bonus adjusted score plus the Redskins positional bonus (if earned), correct? It's not the basic plus positional adjusted plus Redskins bonus, right? (something else you probably want to make clear for next year's rules)

NOTE: I am going to doublecheck the lists after getting a morning nap (staying up to nearly 3AM and then getting up at 7AM to help get the kids to school is not conducive to getting things right. So, the final scores will be probably be released this afternoon, tonight at the latest.

Correct sir

Final scores:

HTTRG3Dynasty       273
bigdog44            270 [only person to predict the Redskins taking Payne at 13]
Slappy Mc           266
taylor made         263
MikeT14             244
MKnight82           239
SeanTayorsaPIMP     236
mike23md            235
Thaiphoon           227 [saved by the Minnesota CB Hughes pick, which comprised 22% of his points]
e16bball            227
daskins             222
Jeezy Fanatic       213
ripsean21           210
Skinsin2013         181
aceinthehouse       127

Congrats @HTTRG3Dynasty!

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

dylan-shock.gif?ssl=1

giphy.gif

tumblr_m3dzlk4YcJ1qmw6ew.gif

I honestly though I had no chance when the first round was over last night.  Pretty cool.  Thanks for grading, @Woz.  

P.S. Do I get a sig out of this or something?  Lol.

200w.gif

Congrats man. I can’t believe I was close either. Good job.

Archived