The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

3 hours ago, Klomp said:

Any thought to starting Elflein and Easton, and bringing Berger off the bench?

Yes, I think this is the way to go. Let Elflein and Easton start. Berger is a nice backup to have and decent starter, but I'd rather play the younger player since it's going to be a transition year for this OL. Let's see what Easton has to offer.

3 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Our line was as offensive as ever tonight. The best blocks I saw were thrown by running backs, and there were holding calls at the most inconvenient times. We got away with it, though.

Cut Clemmings. That is all.

Clemmings is done in MN. Too many players agead of him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I'd rather have Easton replace Boone. 

As would I but I seriously doubt that happens. Maybe we can trade Boone? I don't think much separates Easton from Boone or Berger but as we saw last year, depth is crucial. Having 3 Guards who can start and not play terribly is encouraging. 

The tackle spots on the other hand, I'm concerned.

can we still trade for Joe Thomas?

Edited by vikingsrule

Hopefully Reiff is decent this year, because I would be up for cutting both Boone and Remmers after this year if their play doesn't improve. If Reiff struggles too we are really in trouble.

Hopefully between Eflein, Easton and Isidora we can find 2 IOL starters moving forward. Then draft a new RT and G. 

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Hopefully Reiff is decent this year, because I would be up for cutting both Boone and Remmers after this year if their play doesn't improve. If Reiff struggles too we are really in trouble.

Hopefully between Eflein, Easton and Isidora we can find 2 IOL starters moving forward. Then draft a new RT and G. 

I'd rather draft a new LT and move Reiff to RT like Detroit did. LT is harder to find though. I hope Elflein and Easton are part of the future along the interior. Might need to find another OG to add to the mix or maybe Remmers can fill that void.

Here's a prime example of my big issue with Boone,

The play is executed fairly well, and Boone does everything right until the point of contact. On this play Boone should flatten the incoming linebacker and create a gaping hole for Cook, at the very least he should seal off the linebacker and create some space for Cook. Instead, Boone gets blasted off of his feet, falls into the running lane, and causes the play to breakdown. 

I realize that Foster looks like an outstanding linebacker, but it's inexcusable for a 310 pound guard to get obliterated by a linebacker who's listed at 230 pounds. 

Boone has no concept of leverage. 

On 8/28/2017 at 0:44 PM, SemperFeist said:

Here's a prime example of my big issue with Boone,

The play is executed fairly well, and Boone does everything right until the point of contact. On this play Boone should flatten the incoming linebacker and create a gaping hole for Cook, at the very least he should seal off the linebacker and create some space for Cook. Instead, Boone gets blasted off of his feet, falls into the running lane, and causes the play to breakdown. 

I realize that Foster looks like an outstanding linebacker, but it's inexcusable for a 310 pound guard to get obliterated by a linebacker who's listed at 230 pounds. 

Boone has no concept of leverage. 

He's running at full speed to the left, so his momentum leaves him unable to plant and seal the LB or DE.  Perhaps he should have tried to turn upfield slightly to re-direct his momentum, i.e. his 310 lbs set forth at full speed....?  Physics 101.