The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

18 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Isn’t Bradbury a heavy sweater? Hopefully it’s just a week one thing and nothing more.

its hard to assess pass protection given that the Vikes only threw ten balls while playing with a comfortable lead. Though it seems Cousins struggled with pressure on two drop backs that nearly resulted in multiple fumbles. His clock is off.

Run blocking looked great.

Really in the case of that fumble, it was almost like Bradberry got in a hurry to get to his stretch block assignment. The ball kind of just slid off to the right. 

Not exactly a sweat problem this time

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Brett Jones is back!?

I don't know who that guy is, but I listened to about half of that podcast before I couldn't take it any longer. That guy is talking about things for which is he is not well informed. Brandon Dillon's salary for the year was not guaranteed when they kept him on the week 1 roster. DIllon is a rookie. The salary guarantee if on the roster week one only happens for veterans with at least 4 years in the league. When I cut it off he was going on about it costing the team extra to cut Jones before the season and then bring him back. It is a bunch of malarkey. I suggest against taking anything that guy says seriously.  This guy either never read the CBA, didn't comprehend what he was reading, or does not remember the key details. Not that anyone remembers it all, but this one does not bother to brush up on the topics before spreading incorrect information. If he wants to be taken seriously he needs to be a lot more careful than that. Whatever the case, he is a poor source of information.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

do we know yet if Jones re-signed at a lesser contract amount?

Wasn't he on a vet minimum contract already before he was cut? It was vet minimum with the $90k signing bonus allowed to still qualify for the veteran minimum salary cap benefit.

I would think that his new contract would again be for the vet minimum. It certainly wasn't less but in theory could be more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Wasn't he on a vet minimum contract already before he was cut? It was vet minimum with the $90k signing bonus allowed to still qualify for the veteran minimum salary cap benefit.

I would think that his new contract would again be for the vet minimum. It certainly wasn't less but in theory could be more.