The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

2 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

Dakota Dozier played really well again after Kline went down last night.

I'd rather see Dozier on the left side than Eflein. Our front office doesn't like to admit draft mistakes but Elflein is at best a backup o-lineman right now. So we'll see Elflien continue to start until the offseason comes.

• Like 1

Just now, TENINCH said:

I'd rather see Dozier on the left side than Eflein. Our front office doesn't like to admit draft mistakes but Elflein is at best a backup o-lineman right now. So we'll see Elflien continue to start until the offseason comes.

I doubt the front office is dictating who the starting LG is. The stubbornness is all Zimmer. It seems if you’re an opening day starter, you don’t get benched, barring injury.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I really don't see this team refusing to admit draft mistakes more than any other team. I mean they did draft him to play center and already drafted his replacement

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He's part of the front office imo.

Sure, I guess if you spin it that way he is part of the FO. But gone are the days of the TOA so the roles are much more defined as to who the decision makers are in regards to personnel as in who’s playing (Zimmer) and roster management (Spielman).

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Playing Elflein is Zimmer’s decision. Rostering Elflein is Spielman’s. 

But I don’t think either are being stubborn about Elflein. 

Elflein deserves a roster spot, I don’t think that’s a question. He’s versatile and cheap. Does he deserve to start? That’s on Zimmer to decide. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Elflein deserves a roster spot, I don’t think that’s a question. He’s versatile and cheap. Does he deserve to start? That’s on Zimmer to decide. 

I thought Elflein had one of his better performances against Dallas. There’s still a lot to be desired from his pass blocking, but he’s a top notch run blocker. 

I don’t see much of a drop off from the guard play when Dozier comes in, but I definitely can’t say I see an improvement. 

Continuity is key along the offensive line. Keep it intact as much as possible, and reevaluate in the offseason. 

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I thought Elflein had one of his better performances against Dallas. There’s still a lot to be desired from his pass blocking, but he’s a top notch run blocker. 

I don’t see much of a drop off from the guard play when Dozier comes in, but I definitely can’t say I see an improvement. 

Continuity is key along the offensive line. Keep it intact as much as possible, and reevaluate in the offseason. 

You’re right on run blocking. Elflein is good there and maybe for Zimmer, that’s good enough. But his pass protection isn’t good, Bradbury has struggled there too. I think there are questions related to functional strength there and being able to anchor, which has led to holding penalties and inside pressure.