The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

52 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Prefer they play Udoh and see if he can play there. O'Neil and Ezra are the OT's of the team. Ezra is a OT and feel he should stay at that position. Udoh if become a starter will have to kick inside. Also, he's bigger and stronger will hold up against DTs.

So going forward, Cleveland-(LG?)-Bradbury, Udoh, O'Neil would be your starting line-up then?

3 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

So going forward, Cleveland-(LG?)-Bradbury, Udoh, O'Neil would be your starting line-up then?

For the rest of this season Reiff, Ezra, Bradbury, Udoh O'Neil. Reiff is a team captain and took a pay cut. Also his play hasn't been bad.  So under no circumstance he's being benched (being realistic).

2021 Ezra, Draft Pick, Bradbury Udoh O'Neil.  

Ezra is a LT and his best position is at LT.  Ezra can play LG to get his feet wet. I'm thinking about 2021 and wanting 4 out of 5 positions to be locked in. Then we can be confident in knowing the OL won't be biggest question mark for once.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Ezra is a LT and his best position is at LT.

Why is this just assumed? 

The Vikings gave a hint at what they believe is their plan at left tackle beyond Reiff while he was contemplating the pay cut, and it wasn’t Cleveland. Cleveland didn’t take a single rep during training camp at tackle, according to Courtney Cronin, and he’s been practicing extensively at LG. None of that would suggest that Cleveland is seen as a tackle.  

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/dru-samia-dalvin-cook-injury-out/?fbclid=IwAR1IIJF0Sm7lPIRr4U3e5SsTOI5Q18LBlq4hwsd_NMx09KP1meKpPTsWyEk

Interesting article and props to @Krauser for the tweet.  Saw this article link on social media.  I did not know that grade but wow, sucks for Samia.  Granted doesn't the grade depend greatly on the pass blocking and does not take as much importance in run blocking necessarily because there is not always a direct effect from it that can be see in statistics.  Granted, they still have the #1 rusher in the league even with him missing most of the game last week and are the 4th best rushing team in the NFL.  So it is not all bad but in pass pro it absolutely is for Samia.  In run block he does good things but again I assume the bad pass pro makes his "grade" got down really quickly.  

Is injured though and might miss the game if they play it, so really that would be great.  Would love to see Udoh out there or Cleveland just to see what they can do.  

Edited by Ozzy

i actually like cleveland getting the start over udoh. they wouldn't start him if they thought he was going to be a disaster and this gives them some game tape to find things to work on over the bye week. 

it's probably just an oversight but i found it interesting that udoh isn't even listed on the depth chart on vikings.com. they probably meant to put him behind o'neill at right tackle but missed it.