The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Can be cut after this season while incurring $2.2M in dead money. $8.2M cap hit this season, not sure how that would impact Vikings and Titans books with a trade.

https://overthecap.com/player/riley-reiff/1068/

Titans have the cap work to make the rest of the deal work.

Reiff has about $3.8M left to paid out on his salary for this year.  Vikings would save about $1.6M to trade him ($3.8-$2.2 prorated bonus)

Edited by RpMc

I am a little surprised that they just plugged Cleveland in at RG, after all of the reports were that he’s practiced the majority of his time at LG. Especially when Dozier has RG experience. Maybe it’ll change coming out of the bye week. 

But listening to Ron Johnson after the game, the issues he saw with Cleveland and the interior line was what appeared to be a lack of communication. Which, I tend to agree with. And is not entirely surprising. 

The positive that I took away from Cleveland’s game is that he didn’t look overwhelmed. And he didn’t look out of place. Yes, he needs to get stronger (which we all knew coming into the season), but he wasn’t consistently overpowered. I didn’t see any glaring lapses in fundamentals or technique. I didn’t see balance issues or him overextending, like we were seeing from Samia. 

It also didn’t help that Atlanta quickly made the Vikings one dimensional. 

• Like 5

cleveland wasn't great in his debut but i hope he sticks on the offensive line. one of our staples last season were RB screens and i'm drooling at the thought of dalvin cook getting a screen pass on the right side with bradbury, cleveland and o'neill paving the way for him in space. 

our season is pretty much lost so i hope guys like cleveland start getting their chance soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was beautiful. I'm all for a right side of the line consisting of Bradbury, Cleveland and O'Neill. Green Bay was pushed around all day.

The only mistakes were the screen to Thielen where nobody blocked and the PA bootleg where we left Lowry a clean lane to sack Cousins. Beyond that, it was the best day our OL had since Adrian's rookie season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

This was beautiful. I'm all for a right side of the line consisting of Bradbury, Cleveland and O'Neill. Green Bay was pushed around all day.

The only mistakes were the screen to Thielen where nobody blocked and the PA bootleg where we left Lowry a clean lane to sack Cousins. Beyond that, it was the best day our OL had since Adrian's rookie season.

That's really good to see Cleveland having a good game.  If him and Bradbury continue to develop,  they have the start of a pretty good line