The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

Both the young guys have had their issues. When you pay attention you see what look like missed assignments, they get pushed back into the run lanes, etc. 

I’m not really surprised, or worried, yet. Both players are first year starters, it’s going to take some time to figure things out. 

I’ll be interested in what these grades will be at the end of the year. 

27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Worlds of improvement from the tackles. 

Definitely look better. The preseason had me worried. Elflein and Easton look like the weak links up front, they need to get things figured out. Hopefully more chemistry together will help, Easton is at a new position. Haven't seen enough for more my concern with the G position, might still be a priority need next offseason.

By hundredths of a percentage point, the Vikings would be in the top 10 of NFL pass blocking efficiency, according to the PFF analytics. The criteria for inclusion in the O-line rankings entailed quarterback pressures and those that resulted in sacks that were the onus of the offensive line, and those assigned (tight ends and running backs) to be de facto linemen.

When it came to the analysis of Minnesota’s revamped offensive line, PFF wrote, “The Vikings had one of the league’s worst offensive lines last season and the additions they made through the draft and free agency have made an immediate and obvious difference. Nobody on the Vikings line has allowed more than one sack and as a unit they have surrendered 36 total pressures.”

As a group, when it comes to pass blocking, the Vikings grade out as the best unit in the division. Green Bay is ranked 17th with a grade of 77.7, Chicago is ranked 27th (72.0) and Detroit is 29th (71.0).

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-O-line-showing-impactful-improvement-in-pass-p-108442900

41 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Pat Elflein had a nice week last week. If he can stay healthy (knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood!) he'll only get better.

Good to see some progress. Hopefully Elflein can prove to be a worthy building block moving forward. Still could upgrade a couple of spots, but I feel really good about Elflein and Reiff going forward. Easton and Remmers still need to show more and Berger is probably in his last season.

• Like 1