The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

LT - Ezra Cleveland
LG - Joe Thuney
OC - Garrett Bradbury
RG - Wyatt Davis
RT - Brian O’Neill

This is the 2021 offensive line that I’d like to see. 

Isn't Joe Thuney the highest paid guard in the NFL?  How the hell you plan on pulling that off?  He got over $14 million last year alone, no way the Vikings can afford that.  Wyatt Davis I would not mind but still lean towards Leatherwood in terms of versatility and overall upside he can provide.  

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Isn't Joe Thuney the highest paid guard in the NFL?  How the hell you plan on pulling that off?  He got over $14 million last year alone, no way the Vikings can afford that.  Wyatt Davis I would not mind but still lean towards Leatherwood in terms of versatility and overall upside he can provide.  

He got $14M on the franchise tag. And while a long term contract may average somewhere around $15M per year, the cap hit in his first year could easily be around the ~$11M that could be saved by cutting Reiff. 

For an example, Andrew Norwell’s 5 year, $66M contract only carried a $5M cap hit for the first year of the contract. 

Edited by SemperFeist

Just now, SemperFeist said:

He got $14M on the franchise tag. And while a long term contract may average somewhere around $15M per year, the cap hit in his first year could easily be around the ~$11M that could be saved by cutting Reiff. 

I would have no problem cutting Reiff, but for Thuney why would he come here anyway.  He could go anywhere he wants technically.  Doubt Minnesota is a major draw for him honestly but sure would be great to have a vet like that and a solid guard.  Then again in five years he has never made a Pro Bowl and was 2nd team all Pro once in 2019.  So in that respect maybe he would be ridiculously over paid.  Zach Martin for example is a 6 time Pro bowler and 4 time 1st team All Pro and 2 time 2nd team All Pro.  So in that regard Thuney is crazy over paid and not worth what he got this past year.  Is better than what the Vikings got but that is not saying much.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 5:21 PM, SemperFeist said:

LT - Ezra Cleveland
LG - Joe Thuney
OC - Garrett Bradbury
RG - Wyatt Davis
RT - Brian O’Neill

This is the 2021 offensive line that I’d like to see. 

This could be great, but if we go this how would we fix the 3T position and the rest of the D-line?

39 minutes ago, RpMc said:

And I hate when I have to get in an argument with some idiot on Twitter (who sounds like he's a referee at some level in some sport) whose convinced himself that the referees cost the Chiefs the title.  This is further confirmation for me that they would have lost regardless of the penalties.  

27 minutes ago, RpMc said:

The refs certainly didn't help in the first half, but to say the refs cost the Chiefs the game is ridiculous!

When you can’t get into the endzone in the super bowl, you aren’t going to win. 

And quite frankly, none of the calls made in the first half were incorrect. They may not have been consistent from earlier in the playoffs, but I’d rather have correct calls made than be talking about calls that should have been made. 

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The refs didn't stop the Chiefs from getting in the end zone 

Oh, but to quote the guy I was talking to..."you know, INTs can change the game."  Oh, dear lord.  It's why I generally try to avoid Twitter arguments, although Semper has seen a few I've gotten into when I can't help myself.  🤣  

• Like 1