The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Ruascher was Bill Callahan’s assistant OL coach in Washington before coming to Minnesota under Dennison. 

Given Callahan’s tremendous overall ability as an OL coach, and Dennison’s high ability as a zone blocking run game coordinator, Rauscher has been learning under some very good coaches. 

To bring everything sort of full-circle...one of Callahan's first "mentor"s or buddies was Brad Childress, who was RB coach and WR coach at Illinois, and brought Callahan with him to be his OL coach at Northern Arizona (to replace Andy Reid) when Childress was OC there.

23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Unfortunately, Dozier is splitting reps with Udoh on the 1st team.

That’s still not surprising. But the fact that Udoh took the first reps with the 1’s is likely a sign that it’s his job to lose at this point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s still not surprising. But the fact that Udoh took the first reps with the 1’s is likely a sign that it’s his job to lose at this point. 

I just hope Wyatt Davis doesn't go the way of Dru Samia and David Yankey: guys we thought were going to be starters who never came close. 

8 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I just hope Wyatt Davis doesn't go the way of Dru Samia and David Yankey: guys we thought were going to be starters who never came close. 

Time will tell. I think this says more about how well Udoh has developed. They’ve been high on him since he got here. 

32 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

With Dennison still on the team, I wonder how long he'll stay in that advisor position given his age. I think its a good fit for him.

I have been confused since this change was announced.  What value does Dennison give in his current role?  I think I may have let him go.

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

I have been confused since this change was announced.  What value does Dennison give in his current role?  I think I may have let him go.

He's been a good coach for years. Maybe a reduced role let's him get back to what made him so good.

That might've been the idea for Dom Capers last year but that ended up as a disaster haha