The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

If Udoh can continue being the 8th best Guard, we might have to change the "Spielman can't draft and develop linemen" narrative just a little. 

If Darrisaw takes over and is serviceable this season, we're going to go into next season with a competition between Davis and Bradbury and some solid depth at tackle. 

Udoh and O'Neill could be fringe top 10 guys at their positions. Cleveland, I'm not yet sure where I'd rank him, but think he definitely has top 10 potential. Just leaves Center and Left Tackle as the question marks. 

Could be a heck of a turnaround in just one season. 

22 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

If Udoh can continue being the 8th best Guard, we might have to change the "Spielman can't draft and develop linemen" narrative just a little. 

If Darrisaw takes over and is serviceable this season, we're going to go into next season with a competition between Davis and Bradbury and some solid depth at tackle. 

Udoh and O'Neill could be fringe top 10 guys at their positions. Cleveland, I'm not yet sure where I'd rank him, but think he definitely has top 10 potential. Just leaves Center and Left Tackle as the question marks. 

Could be a heck of a turnaround in just one season. 

Still would like to see Davis get one of those inside spots. I feel he offers a bit more of an anchor compared to Cleveland and Bradbury. Bradbury has had some good moments this year, can’t say I’ve noticed much from Cleveland.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, swede700 said:

Rams 7
Bills 8
Buccaneers 9
Falcons 9
Vikings 9
Cowboys 9
Jaguars 10
Washington 10

Least amount of sacks allowed in the NFL in that order, impressive list before you get to the Jaguars and Washington.  So there is something to good running teams not getting sacked as much but yeah it is super impressive the Vikings have not given up as many sacks.  I also think it is Kirk getting rid of the football and not holding onto it trying to make every play.

Impressive considering Darrisaw has not played a ton.

Also impressive is that the Vikings are tied for #1 in the NFL in sacks with 21.  

Chicago 26
Carolina 24
Seattle 23
Denver 21
Titans 21
Ravens 21

These teams have give up the most, no surprise with Chicago but a lot of that is a rookie trying to make a lot of plays.  Same with Darnold trying to do too much not to mention Seattle with a backup trying to over perform.  Ravens are just because Lamar wants to extend plays as well.  Titans is a surprise but probably Tannehill waiting for Julio or AJ to get deep for a big play.

Vikings do not have many big play deep threats at WR so no need to hold onto the ball for anyone to clear open down field so there is that.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

We’ve had a quick passing game for years now. Only exception was the brief time with Norv Turner. 

No we haven’t. One of primary staples under Stefanski and Gary Kubiak was play action drop backs and taking deep shots down field. Both of which take longer to develop, and require pass protection to hold up longer. And both of which have been used considerably less so far this year. 

• Like 1