The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Can we count on Darrisaw being healthy? I'm concerned for him. 

I know he had the issue with the concussions last year, but other than that, he's been healthy since recovering from his groin injury that he suffered late in college.  I'd be a little concerned about recurrence of the concussions, but not immensely concerned.  People like to compare him to Trent Williams... and he's played 1 more game than Williams did in his first 2 years.  

• 3 months later...

The Vikings returned 11 of 12 offensive linemen who were on last year's team, with the exception of Kyle Hinton, who joined the Falcons this offseason. That includes center Garrett Bradbury, whom Minnesota re-signed last month.

Brian O'Neill: "It's huge for me personally. He's somebody I've leaned on for four years. The last four years, I've basically asked him what to do every play, anyway. But he's our communicator up front, he's the guy who puts everybody in the right places, and I think he's played at a high level for a long time.

"I was really happy that the team awarded him in the way they did, because he certainly earned it and certainly deserves it – every penny. It's really good for our group, it's really good for our team, and I think he'll step up as a leader not only in our o-line room this year but for our whole team, as well."

Having continuity on the offensive line isn't a luxury the Vikings have experienced much over the past several seasons. But this year, they'll once again have last year's starting lineup of O'Neill, right guard Ed Ingram, Bradbury, left guard Ezra Cleveland and left tackle Christian Darrisaw.

https://www.vikings.com/news/brian-oneill-thankful-injury-recovery-offensive-line

• Like 2