The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

7 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I think I would call Incognito too. I'm not worried about the fit in this locker room.

I would like to look at adding Incognito if the price is right. He has continually been solid as far as play, but the dude obviously has some weird stuff going through his head. I think the risk should absolutely play into his contract, but as a one year insurance policy for a line that is showing to be nicked up this early, and was already the most questionable position group on the team, I think the risk is worth the reward. Hopefully Zimmer and the other coaches on the team would be able to keep his off the field "antics" held to a minimum.

Other than Incognito, what options are out there that are free agents who could legitimately be a reasonable add? I don't like having to make "desperation" style signings (like Jake Long) but between Elfein still recovering, Remmers nursing what I beleive is an ankle issue, Easton with some new back/neck issues, and I think Hill has been held out for something during training camp, the line is giving me a little more worry than I want at this point.

No way ANY team should be bringing Incognito in. He’s not well, and while I’m not a doctor, the eratic behavior seems like an early sign of CTE. This guy’s ability to function in society for the rest of his life is more important than football.

• Like 2

I think any addition to the line may have to come in the form of a trade or a camp cut. If Incognito doesn't want to do camp, you can't just put him in Week 1 and expect him to know what he's doing. There's nothing else even remotely intriguing left in Free Agency.

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

No way ANY team should be bringing Incognito in. He’s not well, and while I’m not a doctor, the eratic behavior seems like an early sign of CTE. This guy’s ability to function in society for the rest of his life is more important than football.

I agree.  The guy is clearly mentally ill.  He has no business even considering playing football again.  

Wouldn’t bring in Richie Incognito if he offered to play for free. 

He’s clearly unstable, his on-field skills have fallen off, and he’s a locker room cancer. This locker room is a well oiled machine, everyone is on the same page. I’m not introducing Incognito to any of these players.  

• Like 2

If Mike Zimmer’s comments weren’t enough to give you the Vikings’ level of interest in Incognito, Incognito’s tweet in response to Mike Zimmer should get you there. 

For those without Twitter, let me quote him, “Mike Zimmer is a DUCKING LIAR!!”

...stupid autocorrect

Edited by SemperFeist

What does it matter if Sparano contacted him?  There's no evidence that suggests that Sparano was acting as a representative of the Vikings.  Last I checked, Sparano wasn't a member of the front office.  Go back to your hole and remain incognito.    

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, swede700 said:

What does it matter if Sparano contacted him?  There's no evidence that suggests that Sparano was acting as a representative of the Vikings.  Last I checked, Sparano wasn't a member of the front office.  Go back to your hole and remain incognito.    

If Zimmer didn't know,  his assistants are going a bit rogue behind his back. Which is better?