The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

That's not the point at all. He's been terrible. Nothing about that post was about the long term.

I agree that he hasn't been good, but the DTs he's faced, for the most part, haven't been slouches either.  It's still a young season and the game hasn't probably slowed down for him quite yet.

19 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Bradbury was the consensus top center in the draft. Why isn't it working?

Just seems overmatched at this point. Lacks the stength to hold up, which seems to put him in bad positions. He’s had a number of holding penalties. I will acknowledge that he’s gone against some very good DTs like Jarrett and Clark.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I thought, except for Elflein, the OLine did pretty well yesterday...but, again...it was the Giants and not the Patriots.

On 10/4/2019 at 12:05 PM, vikingsrule said:

Just seems overmatched at this point. Lacks the stength to hold up, which seems to put him in bad positions. He’s had a number of holding penalties. I will acknowledge that he’s gone against some very good DTs like Jarrett and Clark.

Yep. 

Bradbury was even pushed around at the beginning of the Senior Bowl practices but he did show improvement as the practices progressed.  He isn't a finished product by any means. 

It isn't much different than Brian O'Neil last season.  The tools are there we just gotta give him time in a NFL training room.

I personally just think there is some validity (certainly not all of it, though) to the notion that having 3 different O-Line coaches in 3 years does create some difficulty in being able to improve consistently.  Yes, Elflein has sucked, but I'm a patient person.  It also helps to play against weaker defensive lines, like the Giants.  

I was a strong supporter of Bradbury so I am surprised he has played as bad as he has this season.  I am assuming it is indeed him just needing time to get settled in for what type of D linemen the NFL will throw at him but he has been even worst than I could have thought. 

We will see though. I still have high hopes for the center.  

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I've noticed that other than the bears game cook rarely gets hit in the backfield

I wish those advanced stats could be broken down by game. I do know he was at 3.6 going into the Bears game though.