The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

Interior pressure looks like it’s going to be a killer in the pass game this year. Compton doesn’t have a strong anchor in pass pro and has always been more of an angle guy in the run game. At least it’s at left guard where he’s likely to have some help. 

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I honestly don’t think there’s much of a drop off between Compton and Easton. But it’s a blow to our thin depth. 

A huge blow for Easton, who was entering a contract year. 

I wouldn’t say that. I like Compton as a person, but man he was pretty dang bad. Easton wasn’t great but he was fairly consistent at being average. I know PFF wasn’t a huge fan of him, but I would still like to see us try some Collins or Isidora there.

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I wouldn’t say that. I like Compton as a person, but man he was pretty dang bad. Easton wasn’t great but he was fairly consistent at being average. I know PFF wasn’t a huge fan of him, but I would still like to see us try some Collins or Isidora there.

I posed the question for Krawcynski and Graff at the Athletic for their chat tomorrow that if there's a possibility that Isidora could become the starting LG instead of Compton.  We'll have to see what they have to say.

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I posed the question for Krawcynski and Graff at the Athletic for their chat tomorrow that if there's a possibility that Isidora could become the starting LG instead of Compton.  We'll have to see what they have to say.

Eason is doing that poorly, well if that is the case that will be a hard fill at guard.  Will be interesting if Isidora becomes the starter, but I thought Remmers was moving to guard?  Then would have Reiff and Hill or Reiff and O'Neill at tackle.  Be curious if Gossett could move his way up is Eason is struggling.  

There is not many guards out there in free agency unless someone gets cut.  Could be a big issues if a player does not step forward and take the position.