The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

25 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

A lot of offensive lineman being traded right now and it's something this team should probably jump on even if it's just to improve the depth behind our "starters"

Cam Erving (granted not great)
Ty Sambrailo
Laken Tomlinson

All traded recently.

Going rate seems to be a fifth rounder. Spielman drafting an offensive linemen in the fifth round is really poor odds of getting a guy that is even a worthwhile backup. Rick should jump on the chance to get a proven backup for a fifth. Could save $4M on Boone if they were able to get a proven backup guard.

26 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Honestly I feel worse about the OL now than I did last season

Why do you feel this way? It's at lest equal. LT Reiff = Kalil, RG Berger > Fusco, RT Remmers = Smith.

Wildcards are Easton and Elflein, two young, unknown players who could be great or could struggle. Last year, Boone looked good on paper but played poorly. Berger was solid at Center but he's now upgrading RG compared to last year.

We may not be vastly improved but we're moving towards a younger group, not a bad thing

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Why do you feel this way? It's at lest equal. LT Reiff = Kalil, RG Berger > Fusco, RT Remmers = Smith

I think it's more like :

Both Reiff/Hill >>> Clemmings (Kalil and Long missed almost whole year)

Easton > or = Boone

Berger = Berger

Elflein >>> Fusco

Remmers > Sirles (Smith missed almost whole year)

Edited by Kparty15

30 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

So where does Collins fit in?  I only remember him playing LT. 

Collins was so bad.  The only reason I can think of for us keeping him is because we had limited options at OT.  I'm expecting him to be cut soon in favor of a different OL player from another team.

5 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Collins was so bad.  The only reason I can think of for us keeping him is because we had limited options at OT.  I'm expecting him to be cut soon in favor of a different OL player from another team.

Thanks He didn't look impressive from what I saw of him, so wondered if he played G or RT.   With Reiff, Hill, Remmers, and  probably Sirles, it seems we are are covered at T. 

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

The Collins keeper is just a new version of T.J. Clemmings. Big, Athletic, and hoping to turn into something.

Incorrect.  Collins actually played offensive line in HS and all 4 years of college.  He's going to be light years ahead of Clemmings.

• Like 1

anyone optimistic with the starting OL lineup. i liked that they identified that boone needed to be a bench player (by way of salary reduction), and on his camps refusal, let him go. i would have been disappointed to see Easton or Elfien on the bench, so definiteky support the move.

better then 2016 yes, but the bar was crazy low to beat as well.