DC sports, is it now the worst?

turtle28

19 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

More people would post in here I feel. I'll let @Woz make the final decision, if he's good, I'll set it up

Eh, sure, why not? Might want to link there to here or here to there or both

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

More people would post in here I feel. I'll let @Woz make the final decision, if he's good, I'll set it up

100% agree, that’s why I post about the Wizards and Nats more in the TOTR thread than in the basketball or baseball forum. There’s only like 3 people who are active in the Wizards thread on the basketball forum, and one of them is a Bills fan. Some ravens fans used to get on it in the old forum, but ever since Eball, Buckeyboy and S.Taylor became less active in the forum 5 or 6 years ago, that thread died. It’s basically me talking to myself 99% of the time! ? 

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Eh, sure, why not? Might want to link there to here or here to there or both

Can you do it with the Wizards too? There’s a few guys who post in the Wizards forum who aren’t Redskins fans and they’re pretty active about it, a few are Ravens fan and one is a Bills fan.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Can you do it with the Wizards too? There’s a few guys who post in the Wizards forum who aren’t Redskins fans and they’re pretty active about it, a few are Ravens fan and one is a Bills fan.

For the playoffs? Sure. Long term, I'd rather constrain it to the TOTR.

EDIT: Eh, let's see how it goes. I'm not sure I think we really want three non-football threads here, but we'll give it a shot. I reserve the right to close these down (possibly after the playoffs).

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

For the playoffs? Sure. Long term, I'd rather constrain it to the TOTR.

EDIT: Eh, let's see how it goes. I'm not sure I think we really want three non-football threads here, but we'll give it a shot. I reserve the right to close these down (possibly after the playoffs).

Ok, sounds good. I don’t think they’ll be too active, obviously people will talk Redskins more but for the few of us that want to talk about it, I think it makes it easier.

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

DC Sports the worst? Nah, only the Redskins. 

There are 3 consistent playoff contenders in this area. Wizards, Caps, and Nationals. 

In terms of the Rock...

The Washington Redskins...

ABSOLUTELY SUCK

Image result for the rocks eyebrow gif

NO championships from any of the teams except the DC United since 1991-92, so obviously it’s more than just a Redskins issue.

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

NO championships from any of the teams except the DC United since 1991-92, so obviously it’s more than just a Redskins issue.

If we were making the playoffs every year then I would think it would be a success for the Redskins. Making the playoffs at least says that you're a good team. Why the other teams cant make it far in the post season boggles my mind, but at least they are getting there. 

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

If we were making the playoffs every year then I would think it would be a success for the Redskins. Making the playoffs at least says that you're a good team. Why the other teams cant make it far in the post season boggles my mind, but at least they are getting there. 

Caps and Wizards generally do win playoff series’s. It’s the Nats and Redskins who don’t win a playoff series or a game when they get in.

Yes, it’s good to make the playoffs but when looking at DC Sports and seeing no championships since 91-92, that means it’s the worst for any city with 4 major pro sports. Heck, they’ve only had one team go to a championship game since 92; the Caps in 96.

Just now, mike23md said:

For baseball (10 of 30 teams, 33.3%) and football (12 of 32, 37.5%)? Yes, it does.

For basketball and hockey (both have 16 of 30 teams in, 53.3%)? No, it just means you don't suck eggs.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Caps and Wizards generally do win playoff series’s. It’s the Nats and Redskins who don’t win a playoff series or a game when they get in.

Again, when the majority of the league makes the playoffs, winning a series should be the norm since likely you are playing an average team.

Keep in mind that only football doesn't give its playoff teams a second chance (Patriots (via the Tuck Rule) excluded).

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

For baseball (10 of 30 teams, 33.3%) and football (12 of 32, 37.5%)? Yes, it does.

For basketball and hockey (both have 16 of 30 teams in, 53.3%)? No, it just means you don't suck eggs.

Well, our hockey teams has had a top 5 record in the league entire league every year except for maybe 1 or 2 in the last decade. The wizards in the last 5 years had 3 seasons where they were a 5th seed or better in the eastern conference so I’d say they’re better than “they don’t suck eggs,” they’ve all been good, but not great.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The wizards in the last 5 years had 3 seasons where they were a 5th seed or better in the eastern conference so I’d say they’re better than “they don’t suck eggs,” they’ve all been good, but not great.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Washington_Wizards_seasons 

No, they've been better than 5th seed once since Ronald Reagan was elected (2016-17, when they were 4th).

In the last five years, yes, they have made the playoffs four times, but with 0.537, 0.561, 0.598 (the aforementioned 4th seed year) and now 0.524. That's the equivalent of making the playoffs as an 8-8 or 9-7 team in the NFL. They got in because A) more than half the league gets into the playoffs and B) the Eastern Conference stinks.

5 hours ago, Woz said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Washington_Wizards_seasons 

No, they've been better than 5th seed once since Ronald Reagan was elected (2016-17, when they were 4th).

In the last five years, yes, they have made the playoffs four times, but with 0.537, 0.561, 0.598 (the aforementioned 4th seed year) and now 0.524. That's the equivalent of making the playoffs as an 8-8 or 9-7 team in the NFL. They got in because A) more than half the league gets into the playoffs and B) the Eastern Conference stinks.

Ok, I thought they were 4th one other time. It’s interesting you keep talking about the regular season when what matters is that they get in and have won a playoff series and took teams to game 7s in the 2nd round in 3 of the previous 4 seasons. Do we not like winning playoff series or something?

Archived