Mark Richt, Miami Hurricanes HC

Kirk Ferentz, Iowa Hawkeyes HC

Tom Herman, Texas Longhorns HC

Dabo Swinney, Clemson Tigers HC

Dave Aranda, LSU Tigers DC

Justin Wilcox, California Golden Bears HC

Matt Campbell, Iowa State Cyclones HC

9 minutes ago, Scout said:

He has a really impressive background.. but you think he's ready to make the leap?

Yeah, the lineage to his father, experience working on the Patriots staff with Bill Belichick and Dante Scarnecchia, in addition to getting results after four years of being an offensive coordinator. After this season, I think Brian Ferentz will be ready for head coaching. I would love to see him hired by the Kraft's if Belichick were to retire after winning another Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Yeah, the lineage to his father, experience working on the Patriots staff with Bill Belichick and Dante Scarnecchia, in addition to getting results after four years of being an offensive coordinator. After this season, I think Brian Ferentz will be ready for head coaching. I would love to see him hired by the Kraft's if Belichick were to retire after winning another Super Bowl.

What about Jim Leonhard?

8 minutes ago, Scout said:

What about Jim Leonhard?

Wisconsin is a hotbed for good coaches. In addition to Bret Bielema being mentioned, their current head coach Paul Chryst is an NFL candidate with orevious experience with the Chargers. Jim Leonard is another intriguing coaching prospect but he is very inexperienced. I like Leonard much more than Mike Vrabel as a coach/coordinator, even though Vrabel is a nice guy. Some more prospective NFL head coaches in college:

Chris Petersen, Washington HC

Justin Wilcox, California HC

Dave Aranda, LSU DC

24 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What? Matt Campbell is the Iowa State Head Coach. 

EDIT: Ahh I see you fixed this in later posts.

Well no, originally I mentioned Matt Campell after that post with the list and then when I went back to edit the list with all the other people I mentioned, (like Matt Campell), I must have made a mistake and not noticed until now. Thanks for bringing it to me attention though.

On 6/12/2018 at 6:18 PM, DoleINGout said:

In addition to the names already listed:

Teryl Austin, Bengals DC

Don Martindale, Ravens DC

Brian Daboll, Bills OC

James Franklin, Penn State Nittany Lions HC

Dennis Allen, Saints DC

Mike Smith, Buccaneers DC

Brian Ferentz, Iowa Hawkeyes OC

Neal Brown, Troy Trojans HC

Bret Bielema, former Arkansas Razorbacks HC

Leslie Frazier, Bills DC

George Edwards, Vikings DC

Chris Petersen, Washington Huskies HC

Paul Chryst, Wisconsin Badgers HC

Jim Leonard, Wisconsin Badgers DC

College coaches but under extentions currently:

Mark Richt, Miami Hurricanes HC

Kirk Ferentz, Iowa Hawkeyes HC

Tom Herman, Texas Longhorns HC

Dabo Swinney, Clemson Tigers HC

Dave Aranda, LSU Tigers DC

Justin Wilcox, California Golden Bears HC

Matt Campbell, Iowa State Cyclones HC

I think you're miles off on a lot of these college coaches. Franklin and Swinney are pure college coaches. They're recruiters, not elite tacticians. Petersen doesn't seem like the type of guy who would do well with NFL egos. Bielema is a joke. He's not even a great college coach. Richt is smart enough to know his place. I'd feel bad for the teams that hired almost every guy on this list.

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think you're miles off on a lot of these college coaches. Franklin and Swinney are pure college coaches. They're recruiters, not elite tacticians. Petersen doesn't seem like the type of guy who would do well with NFL egos. Bielema is a joke. He's not even a great college coach. Richt is smart enough to know his place. I'd feel bad for the teams that hired almost every guy on this list.

Tom Herman, Kirk Ferentz, and Brian Ferentz are the main college coaches I like. The list is meant to include everyone who I think would be considered in 2019.

On 6/4/2018 at 6:07 PM, UKChief said:

Todd Haley was trash with the chiefs as a HC. He wasn’t helped by having Scott Pioli as his GM, but he wasn’t able to put together a decent gameplan on either side of the ball and it wasn’t for a lack of talent. 

When Hue Jackson is fired Haley will take over.  not sure if he keeps the job but...

Archived