Terminator - Dark Fate

Uncle Buck

I was just browsing IMDb and saw that they are working on another Terminator movie.  Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton will both be in it. 

The Terminator franchise is one where I will pretty much watch anything that comes out.  This 6th installment sounds more promising than some, however, because James Cameron will be back, not as the director, but at least as a writer.  As of March 23rd, they are in the writing and casting phase.

Apparently, James Cameron is looking at this as a sequel to T2, and this story will ignore the storyline from the other three movies that have been made since then.

I don't know about other Terminator fans, but I'm really looking forward to this.

Edited by Uncle Buck
Title Change
  • Like 1

Yep, this was announced a few months back.  Tim Miller of Deadpool fame will be directing it.  We can thank three crap Terminator movies for Cameron finally coming back to have a say in this one. 

Shouldn't even call this Terminator 6.  Call it Terminator 3 and we might finally have a worthy successor to a top 5 action movie of all time. 

Cameron tried to get the rights back when they made Terminator 3 (which I think gets a little under rated but agree it clearly doesn't stack up to the first 2) but got out bid.

Expecting this movie to live up as a worthy successor to T2 seems a bit of a pipe dream though.

• Like 1

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Cameron tried to get the rights back when they made Terminator 3 (which I think gets a little under rated but agree it clearly doesn't stack up to the first 2) but got out bid.

Expecting this movie to live up as a worthy successor to T2 seems a bit of a pipe dream though.

Terminator 3 was NOT a bad movie.  Terminator 3 WAS a bad Terminator movie.  It's like the people who wrote Terminator 3 had never seen Terminator or Terminator 2, were told the basic plot points of the first two, and they had Arnold's dialogue from Terminator 2 on repeat while they were writing it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yep, this was announced a few months back.  Tim Miller of Deadpool fame will be directing it.  We can thank three crap Terminator movies for Cameron finally coming back to have a say in this one. 

Shouldn't even call this Terminator 6.  Call it Terminator 3 and we might finally have a worthy successor to a top 5 action movie of all time. 

I believe like a few other classic Film franchise reboots coming up (Halloween, Predator?)  this one is supposed retcon most of the bad sequels, and take place right after T2.

46 minutes ago, August4th said:

feel like T2 was the best and worse thing to happen to this franchise

all the sequels tried to copy that and failed ..while also going further away from the horror/suspense that was T1

hope this one goes back to its roots

terminator movies mirror alien movies

alien/terminator, both focus on horror

aliens/terminator 2, both focus on action, are considered superior movies

alien 3/ terminator 3, piss off hardcore fans and yet there is something enjoyable about both

the rest of terminator/alien movies, drek

Edited by MathMan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MathMan said:

terminator movies mirror alien movies

alien/terminator, both focus on horror

aliens/terminator 2, both focus on action, are considered superior movies

alien 3/ terminator 3, piss off hardcore fans and yet there is something enjoyable about both

the rest of terminator/alien movies, drek

It's too bad Predator didn't follow this trend.  A more action version of Predator might have been the best movie ever made. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's too bad Predator didn't follow this trend.  A more action version of Predator might have been the best movie ever made. 

Im surprised they havent tried to reboot Predator as an action comedy starring Kevin Hart and The Rock. 

• Like 2