Terminator - Dark Fate

Uncle Buck

Just now, MathMan said:

Or, a Buddy cop movie with the Predator teaming up with Zach Galifinakas.

OR....a raunchy romcom where Predator plays a disgusting, vile beast who is trying to mate with as many people as poss....oh wait, Im thinking of Amy Schumer.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Im surprised they havent tried to reboot Predator as an action comedy starring Kevin Hart and The Rock. 

they kind of are.. the new film is rumored to be more of comedy

but its going through massive reshoots so the tone might of changed

Just now, MathMan said:

terror. maybe.

Ah ok, yeah i would have classified it as a thriller/action movie.  More thriller/terror than #2, i agree.

On another note, i need to go back and watch these movies again.

Just now, theJ said:

Wait, i don't understand this comment?  Horror?  I didn't get that from that movie at all.

Yeah, I never thought about it that way either, but it's true.  It plays exactly like a slasher.  Almost uncanny.  Sarah Conner is a last girl. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

On 4/11/2018 at 1:07 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Apparently, James Cameron is looking at this as a sequel to T2, and this story will ignore the storyline from the other three movies that have been made since then.

Glad to hear it.  While Terminator 3 wasn't the worst movie ever made, I thought it was a massive betrayal of one of the central premises of the Terminator franchise: There is no fate but what we make. 

Then Terminator 3 came around with: 'There is no avoiding judgement day.  But I mean, you could..... just sort of embrace it I guess.  That one guy in Oregon is asking for help on the radio after all'. 

On 4/11/2018 at 10:50 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Terminator 3 was NOT a bad movie.  Terminator 3 WAS a bad Terminator movie.  It's like the people who wrote Terminator 3 had never seen Terminator or Terminator 2, were told the basic plot points of the first two, and they had Arnold's dialogue from Terminator 2 on repeat while they were writing it. 

I actually agree with this take. For some reason, I kind of dig Terminator 3 if I take it out of the terminator universe and just watch it on it's own. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crickett said:

Glad to hear it.  While Terminator 3 wasn't the worst movie ever made, I thought it was a massive betrayal of one of the central premises of the Terminator franchise: There is no fate but what we make. 

Then Terminator 3 came around with: 'There is no avoiding judgement day.  But I mean, you could..... just sort of embrace it I guess.  That one guy in Oregon is asking for help on the radio after all'. 

It was interesting how they changed things up, but when you think about it, when T1 and T2 were made, there was no internet.  By the time T3 came around, we all knew how Skynet would probably attack us, which was by taking control of computers all over the world via the internet.  For that reason, they were kind of put in a position of having to work within the world as had evolved to since Cameron wrote the story originally.

What it really comes down to is that since T2 was such an amazing movie, it was going to be pretty tough to match it.  My theory with movies that deal with time travel is that the more you go back and forth, the more muddled things become, and it becomes harder and harder to maintain a rock-solid storyline.

21 hours ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

I look forward to anything Terminator. I've enjoyed all the movies. I enjoyed the TV show... I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too.

I agree with this.  Even though the last three movies strayed from the original in many ways, I thought there were things to enjoy with all of them if you just look at them on their own.  The tv show was fun too, and I was sad hear it was cancelled. 

One thing I'm hoping to see more of is the CGI version of Arnold's original terminator.  When I saw that in the last movie, it blew me away.  I never expected to see the young, beastly Arnold again.

Ultimately, I would probably be a victim of the gorgeous female terminator from T3.  Who would ever expect someone who looks that good to be so lethal? 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree with this.  Even though the last three movies strayed from the original in many ways, I thought there were things to enjoy with all of them if you just look at them on their own.  The tv show was fun too, and I was sad hear it was cancelled. 

One thing I'm hoping to see more of is the CGI version of Arnold's original terminator.  When I saw that in the last movie, it blew me away.  I never expected to see the young, beastly Arnold again.

Ultimately, I would probably be a victim of the gorgeous female terminator from T3.  Who would ever expect someone who looks that good to be so lethal? 

Last summer I binged through the tv show after seeing they had the discs at the library.
After I finished that up, I got all the movies together and made my wife watch them for the first time. I thoroughly enjoy them all. Separate 1 and 2 from the rest and then just kind of take 3-5 and the tv shows as different "what if" type scenarios. They're all fun movies still. I'm also a sucker for time travel type flicks so these movies really appeal to me because of that too.

• Like 1

EXCLUSIVE: The search for a new Terminator to take over the first sanctioned Jim Cameron reboot since the original, is over. Director Tim Miller and producer Cameron have tapped Gabriel Luna for the role. Luna is best known for starring as Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider on the ABC action superhero series Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, as well as the El Rey Network drama series Matador.  On the film side, he starred in the films Freeheld and Transpecos.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/the-terminator-gabriel-luna-tim-miller-james-cameron-skydance-paramount-1202364049/