Terminator - Dark Fate

Uncle Buck

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Honestly, what was the last great movie James Cameron was attached too?  Avatar made a bunch of money, but I don't know if I've ever heard anyone call it a great movie.  The guy had a legendary 15 year run, and did some cool stuff with 3D, but it's been a while now.

Well that's the only Hollywood movie he's made since 1997, so kind of a tough argument.

Avatar doesn't have a great legacy as a movie, but the thing was a phenomenon. Still a top 5 moviegoing experience of my life even if I can't enjoy it nearly as much at home. It's got a rehashed story and I don't like Worthington, but I still like it and I think most people simply see it as a fine movie that was enhanced by the visual effects/experience in the theater.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 1:07 AM, Uncle Buck said:

I was just browsing IMDb and saw that they are working on another Terminator movie.  Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton will both be in it. 

The Terminator franchise is one where I will pretty much watch anything that comes out.  This 6th installment sounds more promising than some, however, because James Cameron will be back, not as the director, but at least as a writer.  As of March 23rd, they are in the writing and casting phase.

Apparently, James Cameron is looking at this as a sequel to T2, and this story will ignore the storyline from the other three movies that have been made since then.

I don't know about other Terminator fans, but I'm really looking forward to this.

I am so excited if the highly part is true, I didn't enjoy the last few releases. 

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

Unless they’re keeping John a secret l, wonder what the reason Is he’s not in it.

Hopefully it's because they learned the lesson from recent blockbusters and don't want to give everything away in the trailer.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:11 AM, seminoles1 said:

It is true. This movie is a direct sequel to T2.

Well, they did kill Sarah Connor off off-screen in T3, so the only real way to bring her back, anyway would be to retcon everything post-T2. 

Not buying Cameron's promise that Arnold is playing a different Terminator.  That was a very human look he gave when opening that door in the trailer.  Arnold is 100% a human.  It just might be some kind of twist they're trying to hide. 

Also not buying that it's a continuation of John and Sarah.  Literally all the action sequences feature tall short hair lady fighting. 

Pretty obvious also that the lady the tall lady is protecting is pregnant.  Probably John Connor's child. 

• 1 month later...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG Yes!

I am now on board.  

Quick, somebody change the title of this to Terminator 3.  

A little nervous still, but Edward Furlong being back is huge for my faith in this movie.  I really hope that first trailer was kinda just misdirection and that the movie focuses more on Sarah, John and what is obviously human Arnold.

• Like 1