Terminator - Dark Fate

Uncle Buck

5 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Ok now this gives me some hope, but need a better second trailer.

They DID release a new trailer: 

Wow, this looks so much better than the footage from the first teaser. We've been waiting forever to see Tim Miller deliver the goods like we know he's capable of from Deadpool, and it looks like he's finally delivered.

Add with this the news of Eddie Furlong coming back as John Connor and my faith in the first good Terminator movie in 28 years has been restored.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Malfatron said:

They really only needed 1 Terminator.

After watching them back to back lately, it's crazy how T2 is basically a bloated remake of Terminator.

Beat for beat.

The first one is far superior.

You're not wrong that it's essentially a remake, but I don't agree the first one is superior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

You're not wrong that it's essentially a remake, but I don't agree the first one is superior.

Yep. T1 is great. T2 took T1 and made it bigger, better, badder and expanded the world. Loved it. 

38 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Sad news.  Seems like Edward Furlong is only doing CGI work/acting to put his face onto a younger body.  Think that's lame.

At the same time, I no longer think Arnold is human based on the recent footage. 

Well dang. I didn't expect him to be a major character, but was hoping for a small but integral role.

Maybe they're throwing a curve ball and doing the exact opposite of every Terminator marketing ever that has spoiled the big twist.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Terminator was a slasher movie with a sci fi twist.  It was not spectacular.  It was damn good, but not spectacular.  Terminator 2 was, is and forever will be a landmark in film history.  It was perfect in every way. 

As far as Dark Fate, I am still highly skeptical.  I have been let down by way, way, way too many sequels and prequels to beloved classics. 

Out of Predator, Die Hard, Alien/Aliens, The Thing and Terminator there have been exactly two made after the 90's that haven't sucked.  Predators and Die Hard 4.  Neither was great, neither was worthy of their predecessors and they are merely alright movies. 

The rest have sucked. 

Terminator 3 - Best attempt, still sucked.
Terminator: Salvation - Terrible.
Terminator: Genysis - Abomination.
The Predator - Worst of all of them.  So bad I felt like crying at the bastardization of what is probably my second favorite movie.
The Thing (2011) - Ill-conceived with some good moments, but it turns into a simple monster movie when it deserves so much more.
Prometheus/Covenant - Terrible.  Prometheus less so, but absolutely NOT an Aliens franchise movie. 
Die Hard 5 was straight to DVD quality crap.

The trailers look like they've made all the mistakes of the other Terminator failures.  Making Arnold a bit player is a mistake.  I'm still 77% sure the twist is that Arnold is playing the human model of the Terminator from the first two.  That's fine.  That's awesome.  Still, make him and Hamilton the leads.  Don't try to introduce an unnecessary new character.  

The stakes should get higher, not better. 

You go from two humans against a killing machine
to
Two humans with a turned inferior model against the new and improved model
to
An enhanced human versus an enhanced machine? 

That makes no sense. 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2019 at 6:09 PM, KManX89 said:

They DID release a new trailer: 

Wow, this looks so much better than the footage from the first teaser. We've been waiting forever to see Tim Miller deliver the goods like we know he's capable of from Deadpool, and it looks like he's finally delivered.

Add with this the news of Eddie Furlong coming back as John Connor and my faith in the first good Terminator movie in 28 years has been restored.

I hope they just didnt get my hope's up for nothing 

• 1 month later...