Terminator - Dark Fate

Uncle Buck

If:

You have no connection to the original two movies.

You have developed a strong stomach for a little bit too much girl power. 

You have the ability to turn your brain off and not ask too many questions about why choices were made

Mackenzie Davis really revs your engine.

This movie is watchable

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You have the ability to turn your brain off and not ask too many questions about why choices were made

And that's what I do with any superhero or action movie these days. Makes it so much more enjoyable. Just watch the damn movie for the popcorn entertainment and leave everything else at the door. It'll really help with movie going experiences. 

Now, I'm not saying settle for any **** that comes into theaters. I'm just saying, let a movie be just that, a movie. I get people aren't capable of doing that but it really sucks. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wrecking T2 to replace John Connor with a hispanic woman for no discernible reason is a move that I totally get making a ton of people mad.

And that speaks a ton of volumes about current day America. It was a different time line and they didn't do anything to **** with the Skynet one. It is what it is. People are just pissy to be pissy.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And that's what I do with any superhero or action movie these days. Makes it so much more enjoyable. Just watch the damn movie for the popcorn entertainment and leave everything else at the door. It'll really help with movie going experiences. 

Now, I'm not saying settle for any **** that comes into theaters. I'm just saying, let a movie be just that, a movie. I get people aren't capable of doing that but it really sucks. 

People are always going to have different opinions on how much turning off their brain is reasonable.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And that speaks a ton of volumes about current day America. It was a different time line and they didn't do anything to **** with the Skynet one. It is what it is. People are just pissy to be pissy.

Was it? I didn't get that impression at all. This read like a complete retcon to me. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

People are always going to have different opinions on how much turning off their brain is reasonable.

That's the entire reason why I watch these types of movies. It's a movie about a time traveling sentient, borderline indestructible killing machine that's trying to kill someone. Yeah, I'm going to turn my brain off because there's no thinking to be done in a movie like that. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And how the hell did it wreck T2? T2 still happened and Judgment Day never occurred because of what they did. This has nothing to do with T2.

The entire purpose of T1 and T2 was keeping John Connor alive to lead the human race against the Rise of the Machines. John Connor is now dead. Why were we even here?

Was it? I didn't get that impression at all. This read like a complete retcon to me. 

Time line probably isn't the right word. It happened after the events of T2 and had absolutely nothing to do with that story line. Not sure how that wrecks T2 at all.

The entire purpose of T1 and T2 was keeping John Connor alive to lead the human race against the Rise of the Machines. John Connor is now dead. Why were we even here?

Connor was dead AFTER that time line ceased to exist. I thought that was pretty simple.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

That's the entire reason why I watch these types of movies. It's a movie about a time traveling sentient, borderline indestructible killing machine that's trying to kill someone. Yeah, I'm going to turn my brain off because there's no thinking to be done in a movie like that. 

I don't agree with that. There's every reason to expect internal consistency within a universe. Star Wars' warpspeed jump is the most egregious example of this, but this one also messed with things.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't agree with that. There's every reason to expect internal consistency within a universe. Star Wars' warpspeed jump is the most egregious example of this, but this one also messed with things.

All sci-fi type movies take liberties with realism and consistency. For example, how many times has a sci-fi story line revolved around Unobtainium? You have to take liberties with movies like this because of the lack of realism they involve. I dunno. I guess I just don't feel the need to take movies too seriously. Certain types of movies? Absolutely, I can understand it. Sci-fi movies? Nah, those are the ones that you turn your brain off and just let **** happen. 

Edited by beekay414