Australian Rules Football -- 2023 season is upon us! You really should be watching this game!

Bucketheadsdad

@Bucketheadsdad If you can name one player to accidently break someone's eye socket it have to be Hawkins so guess what he did to Steven May on the weekend. 

Other than Swans and Bulldogs anyone can beat anyone so far this season injuries have made a few teams like tigers and cats look average so far this season. 

1 hour ago, Aussie9er said:

@Bucketheadsdad If you can name one player to accidently break someone's eye socket it have to be Hawkins so guess what he did to Steven May on the weekend. 

Other than Swans and Bulldogs anyone can beat anyone so far this season injuries have made a few teams like tigers and cats look average so far this season. 

I saw it. (evidently Steven May didn't).....yeah, I know...too soon.  You're right about the injuries.  By my count, the Cats have 7 players from their 18 missing from the lineup, along with two of their top prospects. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 9:22 PM, Shady Slim said:

great win by an undermanned tigers outfit against the prior undefeated bulldogs @Aussie9er

a very very very very very good win

Was a cracking game richmond brought the pressure for a great win. I honestly thought we were going to get steamrolled. 

Been a great season so far as far as good quality games to watch. 

1 hour ago, Shady Slim said:

pressure on the pies with that gc loss, what do we think will happen to buckley now? and they'd just come out and said how much they trust him as a coach and see him as a longterm option

Pies look so far behind the rest of the top teams injuries haven't helped but should be alot better. I don't think buckley lasts the season but the problem is who wants that job with their current list. 

• 3 weeks later...

Might be one of the few people happy there was another covid outbreak in victoria. 

Now the Dreamtime game between Tigers vs Bombers has been moved to my town of Perth and i got tickets for it last night 50000 tickets sold out in less 8 hrs.

Bring on Saturday night. Carn the Tigers. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The AFLW 2022 season is now underway.  Watching on delay, but the St. Kilda Saints are facing off against the Richmond Tigers.  Looking forward to a terrific season.  

No games on the schedule to be aired here in the US as of right now, but Fox Sports is supposedly still in negotiations to air games on FS1 and FS2, according to http://afana.com.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

For some reason i just can't get into aflw. Too low scoring for me. 

I completely understand, but it is great to see the skills improve year to year, and even week to week.  

There are some absolute stars in the game.  Maddie Prespakis from Carlton, Kiara Bowers of Fremantle, Katie Hore from Melbourne, Bri Davey from the Magpies.  

Lots of players coming in from different avenues to arrive at footy.

Some very exciting play.  Of course, you are right there could be more scoring, but I think that'll come.  Part of me thinks they could consider moving the 50m arc in 10m for the women's comp, i.e. women's tees on golf courses.

• 1 month later...