Australian Rules Football -- 2023 season is upon us! You really should be watching this game!

Bucketheadsdad

4 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

@Bucketheadsdadbig win by my tigers over the cats. Still with the two big injuries we picked up you more than likely beating us if we play again in the finals 

Tigers surely seem to be Geelong's "kryptonite."  Surely seem to struggle against them.  Cats have a boat load of experience still sitting on the sidelines (Selwood, Ablett, Stanley), and hopefully they'll be back in for finals.  Cats sorely missed Gary Rohan yesterday.  He doesn't take a lot of marks, but he is so opportunistic that when he gets the ball in his hands, he is usually scoring with it.  Teams have to account for him on the grounds.  Without him, and no real goal scoring threat besides Gryan Miers, the Tigers were able to shut down Hawkins.  

Richmond are the premiers until someone knocks them out of the finals.  (I'm hoping someone else does it, so the Cats don't have to face them again this year.)  :) 

• Like 1

Last week of the regular season is here. Finals nearly here. 

West coast win on thursday night but don't rest players so of course one of their most important players in Josh Kennedy does his ankle.  Doubtful he is ready for first round of finals.

I said it before but cameron should of gotten the boot at GWS instead of resigning him. GWS eliminated from the finals tonight in a must win game against the Saints they have their biggest loss of the year 52 pts in a must win game is terrible no desire tonight or winning game plan. They lost the last 3 games of the seasons which cost them finals against Crows, Demons and Saints. Crows bottom of the ladder no excuse to loss to them. 

Now some good news Eddie Betts has decide to play one more year so we have one more season next year of the excitement machine. :)

Edited by Aussie9er

59 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Last week of the regular season is here. Finals nearly here. 

West coast win on thursday night but don't rest players so of course one of their most important players in Josh Kennedy does his ankle.  Doubtful he is ready for first round of finals.

I said it before but cameron should of gotten the boot at GWS instead of resigning him. GWS eliminated from the finals tonight in a must win game against the Saints they have their biggest loss of the year 52 pts in a must win game is terrible no desire tonight or winning game plan. They lost the last 3 games of the seasons which cost them finals against Crows, Demons and Saints. Crows bottom of the ladder no excuse to loss to them. 

Now some good news Eddie Betts has decide to play one more year so we have one more season next year of the excitement machine. :)

Crows have won 3 in a row.  I've watched about 10 of their games this year, and while they've not won much, they don't quit.  I think Matthew Nicks is going to get them turned around sooner rather than later.  Great news about Eddie Betts.

St Kilda supporter here, new to the forum. I live near Geelong and hate the Cats.. I also rarely watch fumbleball (AFL) NRL is infinitely better.. But my P O W E R F U L dogs aren’t going to make the finals and the Saints are in so I’ll watching them. 

Just starting to get into NFL, understand the basic rules but have a bit of learning to do.

Edited by Brutus the Bulldog
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brutus the Bulldog said:

St Kilda supporter here, new to the forum. I live near Geelong and hate the Cats.. I also rarely watch fumbleball (AFL) NRL is infinitely better.. But my P O W E R F U L dogs aren’t going to make the finals and the Saints are in so I’ll watching them. 

Just starting to get into NFL, understand the basic rules but have a bit of learning to do.

Nice to have another fellow Aussie on the forum and in this thread. Even if they like nrl :)

I like the saints in finals they have all the pieces just need to have a good run of form in the finals to make it all the way. 

This is the year i think any team that makes the 8 can win it. Reminds me of the year Western Bulldogs won it. 

Got a weeks break then the finals. 

1st Week of Finals Schedule

Thursday, October 1

First Qualifying Final
Port Adelaide v Geelong at Adelaide Oval, 7:10pm CST / 7.40pm EST

Friday, October 2

Second Qualifying Final
Brisbane Lions v Richmond at the Gabba, 7.50pm EST

Saturday, October 3

Second Elimination Final 
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs at the Gabba, 4.40pm EST

First Elimination Final
West Coast vs Collingwood at Optus Stadium, 6.10pm WST / 8.10pm EST 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Other than the fact that the Cats looked slow in Adelaide, these were four great finals games.  Two great elimination finals games, and a couple of relatively close qualifying finals games.

Was a great weekend of football.

I was at the Collingwood Pie vs West Coast game and best game of football i have watched live in awhile. 

I wouldn't worry about the Cats what let them down more than being slow was their goal kicking. You aren't winning many games kicking 5 goals 12 behinds if they kicked straight they would of won that game. Especially if Hawkins gets it together he kicked 5 behinds and 1 out of full for his 6 scoring shots. 

The next week of finals should be just as good with Pies vs Cats and Tigers vs Saints 

36 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Was a great weekend of football.

I was at the Collingwood Pie vs West Coast game and best game of football i have watched live in awhile. 

I wouldn't worry about the Cats what let them down more than being slow was their goal kicking. You aren't winning many games kicking 5 goals 12 behinds if they kicked straight they would of won that game. Especially if Hawkins gets it together he kicked 5 behinds and 1 out of full for his 6 scoring shots. 

The next week of finals should be just as good with Pies vs Cats and Tigers vs Saints 

I just finished watching the Bulldogs/Saints.  Terrific comeback attempt by the Bulldogs.  Edge of your seat stuff.  The Pies do concern me though.

17 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I just finished watching the Bulldogs/Saints.  Terrific comeback attempt by the Bulldogs.  Edge of your seat stuff.  The Pies do concern me though.

Pies looked good especially big Cox what a first quarter by the american.