Australian Rules Football -- 2023 season is upon us! You really should be watching this game!

Bucketheadsdad

On 6/24/2020 at 1:12 AM, Shady Slim said:

as clownish as this looks, the league has to always err on the side of caution with these things given the "new normal" and all that. 

the way i see it this is a win, the afl can say look at our strong policies in case of an infection while also not suffering too much from this particular instance; their response has been given a trial run

I think it is a great thing that he has tested negative now.  

Checking out Giants/Pies game now.  Didn't get up for the start, so I'm about an hour behind.

• Like 1

Another shocking performance from my tigers against a good Saints team. Other than Lynch and Martin (who had an off game ) not much goal kicker talent in the team. Jack Reiwoldt has fallen off from winning the coleman a few years ago to being a subpar player. His like a running back his hit 30 and just not the same player. He will be lucky to kick 20 goals this year when he use to average 50+ a year. Need to sort this out otherwise its going to be a long year. Should be premiership favourites (have won 2 of last 3 years)but after the first quarter of the season i would be happy if we just snuck into the finals. Which unless we start playing alot better is a pipe dream.

Have to give alot of credit to the Saints they really impressed me today with their speed and ball movement and options up forward. If they can keep their list injury free there playing finals. 

• Like 1

On 29/06/2020 at 12:18 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Ugly as sin, but a win is a win.  Way to get the 4 points, Geelong.

Next up, a club that scares the absoute hell out of me, followed by two other difficult clubs.

Gold Coast

St. Kilda

Collingwood

Tough run the next three rounds. 

Collingwood game just got easier Steele Sidebottom suspended for 4 games for breaking covid restrictions to go drinking during the week. His been one of there best players too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Collingwood game just got easier Steele Sidebottom suspended for 4 games for breaking covid restrictions to go drinking during the week. His been one of there best players too. 

It was funny watching Eddie McGuire "defending" Sidebottom's actions today.

On 02/07/2020 at 12:16 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

It was funny watching Eddie McGuire "defending" Sidebottom's actions today.

Eddies the sort of guy that would defended aaron hernandez to this day if he played for his beloved pies. 

Theres no a more hypocritical person in the afl than  eddie. Most recent example is wanting sidebottom to have his privacy about the incident that got him suspended where just a month ago he wanted the afl and geelong to make public the details of Jack Stevens stabbing. 

Another win by the saints last night man they look good this year. 

As for carlton they just need to start better in games. If one thing corona ball has shown us is if you dont start games well with the shortened quarters plus longer breaks is hard going to catch up. 

32 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Another win by the saints last night man they look good this year. 

As for carlton they just need to start better in games. If one thing corona ball has shown us is if you dont start games well with the shortened quarters plus longer breaks is hard going to catch up. 

Carlton hasn't started well this year.  

I think the Saints can beat just about anyone right now.....which scares me knowing that the Cats have them up next week. 

Due to corona virus all games for week 6 and 7 have been changed to be played outside victoria which has a big spike in case of the virus. 

Wonder if there going to be hubs outside victoria for awhile or do they shut the season down for abit ?

11 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Man the Crows look just plain bad right now.  Can't hit targets in the offensive 50.  Continually turning the ball over.  Just flat out ugly right now.

By far the worse team this year. How bad was it watching them kick goals from directly infront 20 metres out and it never look like it. And even with all their kicking trouble freo nearly let them back in.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 10:59 AM, Aussie9er said:

By far the worse team this year. How bad was it watching them kick goals from directly infront 20 metres out and it never look like it. And even with all their kicking trouble freo nearly let them back in.

They weren't exactly kicking "goals."  ;) 

Unless its Richmond (my team) I tend to want non Victorian teams to win. Mainly due the Victorian bias in the league. And me living in wa.

Great win by cats, best 3rd quarter performance by a team all year if Geelong plays like that there unbeatable. 

• Like 1