Australian Rules Football -- 2023 season is upon us! You really should be watching this game!

Bucketheadsdad

On 7/9/2020 at 9:01 AM, Aussie9er said:

Unless its Richmond (my team) I tend to want non Victorian teams to win. Mainly due the Victorian bias in the league. And me living in wa.

Great win by cats, best 3rd quarter performance by a team all year if Geelong plays like that there unbeatable. 

Tough game this week coming up with the Pies.  Since you are in WA, are you going to have an opportunity to go to that game?

12 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Tough game this week coming up with the Pies.  Since you are in WA, are you going to have an opportunity to go to that game?

Tickets go sale tomorrow going to try and get some 

I already have tickets for west coast Vs Fremantle on the weekend but you can never watch too much football 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Who knows....you might find yourself with a Grand Final at Optus in a few months.  

That would be awesome it’s the best stadium in Australia holds 65000 and newest Aussie stadium 

Tonights game thoughts 

Pies win thou Great effort by Geelong being down 2 men for most of the game but with de goeys 5 goals and umpires being in pies corner    Just couldn’t come back.

Wet weather games aren’t the best to watch or go too got wet on way there at game and on way home

Was strange being at the game good 20000+ people but didn’t seem like it with every 2nd row being empty COVID rules made it seem like a smaller crowd than it was. Good thing thou was to keep queueing down they opened all vendors  it was a lot easier and quicker to get Food and drinks which was awesome with $3 pies and $7 beers as specials. Came home full and bit drunk 

1 hour ago, Aussie9er said:

That would be awesome it’s the best stadium in Australia holds 65000 and newest Aussie stadium 

Tonights game thoughts 

Pies win thou Great effort by Geelong being down 2 men for most of the game but with de goeys 5 goals and umpires being in pies corner    Just couldn’t come back.

Wet weather games aren’t the best to watch or go too got wet on way there at game and on way home

Was strange being at the game good 20000+ people but didn’t seem like it with every 2nd row being empty COVID rules made it seem like a smaller crowd than it was. Good thing thou was to keep queueing down they opened all vendors  it was a lot easier and quicker to get Food and drinks which was awesome with $3 pies and $7 beers as specials. Came home full and bit drunk 

Glad you enjoyed it!  Knowing what is going on regarding De Goey, it made my skin crawl watching him kick 5 goals, when he was just recently charged with his alleged crimes.  (Was it a unique situation for the courts in Victoria to allow him to leave the state?)  

I think as long it’s not oversea he was free to travel aslong as it was work which afl is

i found it bit uncomfortable with him playing with his alleged crimes hanging over him but karma has struck I think

de Goey injured his finger in the game and underwent surgery for it today and should miss a big chunk of time 

42 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Some terrible news for cats fans like @Bucketheadsdad 

Gary Ablett has returned home due to his son being sick not sure when he will play again.

Very tough decision for him to leave home.  Very easy decision for him to head back home.  Absolutely support his decision to head home to be with his family.  Anyone that doesn't support his decision (and I think I'd be hard pressed to find someone), is a horse's ***.

AFL just released the next lot of scheduling with covid outbreak in victoria thus all victoria teams playing in hubs in qld and wa for rest of the season.

Afl has decided to accelerate the season.So basically afl on every day of the week on next lot of scheduling so can get season over as quick as possible. 

Round nine

Wednesday, July 29 

Western Bulldogs v Richmond, Metricon Stadium, 7.10pm AEST 

Thursday, July 30

Carlton v Hawthorn, Optus Stadium, 3.40pm AWST
Melbourne v Port Adelaide, Gabba, 8.10pm AEST 

Friday, July 31 

Essendon v Brisbane, Metricon Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, August 1 

North Melbourne v Adelaide, Metricon Stadium, 2.35pm AEST
St Kilda v Sydney, Gabba, 5.10pm AEST
West Coast v Geelong, Optus Stadium, 6.10pm AWST 

Sunday, August 2 

Gold Coast v Greater Western Sydney, Metricon Stadium, 3.35pm AEST
Fremantle v Collingwood, Optus Stadium, 4.10pm AWST 

Round 10 

Monday, August 3 

Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs, Adelaide Oval, 6.40pm ACST 

Tuesday, August 4 

Richmond v Brisbane, Metricon Stadium, 7.10pm AEST

Wednesday, August 5 

Geelong v North Melbourne, Gabba, 5.40pm AEST
Adelaide v Melbourne, Adelaide Oval, 7.40pm ACST 

Thursday, August 6

Collingwood v Sydney, Gabba, 5.40pm AEST
Gold Coast v St Kilda, Metricon Stadium, 8.10pm AEST 

Friday, August 7

Essendon v Greater Western Sydney, Metricon Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Byes: Fremantle, West Coast, Hawthorn, Carlton

Round 11

Saturday, August 8

Port Adelaide v Richmond, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACST
Brisbane v Western Bulldogs, Gabba, 7.40pm AEST

Sunday, August 9

West Coast v Carlton, Optus Stadium, 1.35pm AWST
North Melbourne v Melbourne, Blundstone Arena*, 6.10pm AEST

Monday, August 10

Geelong v St Kilda, Gabba, 6.10pm AEST
Fremantle v Hawthorn, Optus Stadium, 6.40pm AWST

Tuesday, August 11

Adelaide v Collingwood, Adelaide Oval, 6.40pm ACST

Wednesday, August 12

Gold Coast v Essendon, Metricon Stadium, 7.10pm AEST

Byes: Greater Western Sydney, Sydney 

Round 12

Thursday, August 13

Sydney v Greater Western Sydney, Optus Stadium 6.10pm AWST

Friday, August 14 

Geelong v Port Adelaide, Gabba, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, August 15

North Melbourne v Brisbane, Blundstone Arena*, 2.35pm AEST
Melbourne v Collingwood, Gabba, 5.10pm AEST
Fremantle v Carlton, Optus Stadium, 6.10pm AWST

Sunday, August 16 

Western Bulldogs v Adelaide, Metricon Stadium, 1.05pm AEST
St Kilda v Essendon, Gabba, 3.35pm AEST
West Coast v Hawthorn, Optus Stadium, 4.10pm AWST 

Monday, August 17 

Richmond v Gold Coast, Gabba, 7.10pm AEST 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:16 PM, Aussie9er said:

Another terrible showing by my Tigers last night. You can't beat good team with such poor kicking at goal. 6 Goals 14 Behinds isn't going to beat anyone this year unless its the crows :P

Guessing you're feeling a bit better about them now.  😃

16 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Guessing you're feeling a bit better about them now.  😃

Yeah alot better it wasn't just the win its the game style a slower build up with the ball and trying to keep possession more are all good signs for me. Thrpw in the fact we started good aswell i think he might be getting back to our best.

I went and watch your boys beat freo on monday. Good win by the cats but what a miserable game to be at. Weather made it pretty hard to watch then throw in i got caught in the rain on the way there, then at the game and finally on way home it's no wonder i am fighting a cold atm.  :(

• Like 1