Australian Rules Football -- 2023 season is upon us! You really should be watching this game!

Bucketheadsdad

On 6/7/2018 at 7:07 AM, khodder said:

I'll be one of the masses at the MCG proudly backing the Dees.

The Dee vs Pies will be a huge battle in the midfield, but with the way the Dees are playing in the forward half I'm confident in picking up the win.

I have friends from here in Ohio that will be at the MCG for the Dees/Pies game.  3 of them I have had as students over the years.  They've never been to a game before, so I shared a number of youtube videos with them to help give them a bit better understanding of the game.  The oldest has decided that he wants to be a Pies supporter.  I think they'll have a fantastic time.  

I'm currently watching the 4th quarter of the Roos/Cats game.  (Don't know the score, as I've stayed away from AFL.com and FB today.  So far they're looking like they remember how to tackle aggressively.  FINALLY!)  

Enjoy the game!

Absolutely HUGE matchup this Saturday at the Melbourne Cricket Grounds.  The #2 (and defending Premiership Champions) Richmond Tigers square off against the #4 Geelong Cats.  1:20 a.m., Sunday morning.....and YES, I'll be watching. 

Sorry @NudeTayne, I won't have an opportunity to add more antibiotics to this alleged pool that I have.  (That is one way to bring more traffic to this thread.) 

The defending champs have dropped 2 of their last 5, while the Cats have won four in a row.  Will Dusty Martin be back in the fold after his week off?  Will Gary Ablett continue to drink deeply from the fountain of youth that he has recently discovered?  

Richmond Vs Geelong Cats - Match Centre - AFL.com.au

Tigers launch âComing Home Heroâ - richmondfc.com.au

photo

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I hope Australian football teams all have different types of cats as team names, a cat league. I also hope there is a house cats team. A man in his living room dressed as a cat can hope.

http://www.afl.com.au/  5 birds, 1 dog, 1 marsupial, 2 cats.  Don't knock it til you've tried it.  :) 

As for a man dressed as a cat....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

@Bucketheadsdad nearly a one man four page thread. Respect. 

I've become a huge fan of the game.  I'm a much bigger baseball fan than I am NFL fan, and Footy has really supplanted my interest in baseball.  One game is on free tv here every week, and they've got over half of the games on the Fox Soccer channel pay-per-view network.   (I've purchased the WatchAFL app, which gives me access to all of the games, as well as all of the weekly progamming that Fox Footy puts out.  (There are also several that get posted to Youtube a few hours after they air every day.)

I've got to tell you.....I have been able to get a couple people here in Ohio interested in the game. 

In fact, a couple of my former students (and their family) visited Melbourne a couple weeks ago, and went to a game at the MCG.  

• Like 1

Huge changes in the ladder after this weekend.  West Coast's slide continues as they drop to 3rd, being leapfrogged by the Swans.

Geelong slides to 7th while on their bye week.  

Best game of the weekend?  Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne Kangaroos.  Enjoy.

Just about half way through the Cats/Swans game, and so far Geelong is playing out of their minds.  

About time.  

As the old Maxwell House commercial "said," the best part of waking up is FOOTY in your cup.  

Will post the highlights clip post match.

Great matchup between the Cats and Swans.  It was a MUST win, on the road, against a great club.  

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-07-05/highlights-sydney-v-geelong

Edited by Bucketheadsdad

• 4 weeks later...

Game of the season tonight.  11:30 p.m., FS2 

Defending premiers (and currently #1) Richmond Tigers taking on the #3 Collingwood Magpies (with 7 foot American, Mason Cox, bball player from Oklahoma State), at the Melbourne Cricket Grounds.  

DVR it.  See what the game is all about.  

On 28/07/2018 at 1:53 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Game of the season tonight.  11:30 p.m., FS2 

Defending premiers (and currently #1) Richmond Tigers taking on the #3 Collingwood Magpies (with 7 foot American, Mason Cox, bball player from Oklahoma State), at the Melbourne Cricket Grounds.  

DVR it.  See what the game is all about.  

Tonights game - Richmond and Geelong should be another cracker too. Tom Hawkins has been in spectacular form - 14 goals in the last two weeks.

• Like 1

Big hit by Gaff ends his season. My team West Coast were looking so good earlier in the year, but having 2 top 5 players in Naitanui and Gaff gone for the season and another top 5 player in Kennedy constantly injured it will be very hard. Make top 2 though and who knows

• Like 1