Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Beal's been playing well as the #1 option.  The team should blow it up and try to build around him.  

They can’t “blow it up” that’s the issue. Wall is definitely untradeable now after having to have major surgery three years in a row. 

They could, IMO should trade Otto now for a stretch 4 or 5 who is his age or definitely under 30 or for younger cheaper prospects/a draft pick bc he’s playing well now.

I don’t think they have other real tradeable assets. 

• Morris will be gone next year.

• The question is, do you bring back Ariza & Jeff Green.

Now if you don’t bring back our vet forwards,  you can go with youth like Devin Robinson & Troy Brown playing a lot of minutes behind/with Porter and a cheaper/younger PF free agent and hopefully a PF lottery draft pick.

Can you re-sign Sato? I think not bc Sato knows as long as Wall & Beal are here that he’s not going to get consistent minutes.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I'd trade Beal. It all but assures a top 5 pick. Plus all of the assets you get back for him. Yes, he's our best player. But he's also our best tradeable asset... and that isn't even close.

I’d trade Beal, but as I’ve always said, I’d want a star back in return. I wouldn’t trade him for an average player or for some old vet who makes too much & a pick.

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I'd trade Beal. It all but assures a top 5 pick. Plus all of the assets you get back for him. Yes, he's our best player. But he's also our best tradeable asset... and that isn't even close.

Beals only 25.  We have plenty of time to dump Wall for whatever, try to get something for Porter then build around Beal.  

Beal isn’t the problem.

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Beals only 25.  We have plenty of time to dump Wall for whatever, try to get something for Porter then build around Beal.  

Beal isn’t the problem.

People aren’t trading for Wall who’s had surgeries in each of the last 3 years.

If we trade anyone - and I doubt we will - it’s Porter while he’s on a hot streak before the trade deadline. 

And if Porter stays, he needs to grow a pair and take more shots, even when Wall comes back next year. Wall and Beal get frustrated with Porter bc they know he can do more. Porter should be averaging 18-19 ppg, not in the low teens.  Wall and Beal want him to shoot more and be more aggressive, Beal has said it publicly and I think Wall did in the past too.

Big, big win over the Sixers at home last night. 123-106. The Wizards continue to be night and day at home vs on the road.

Beal: 34 pts (6-11 from 3), 5 asts

Porter: 23 pts, 6 rebs, 3 steals

A-NO-Thriza: 17 pts (0-4 from 3), 5 rebs

Dekker: 11 pts (2-2 from 3)

Mahinhi: 6 pts, 8 rebs, 5 steals 

Bryant: 9 pts, 6 rebs 

Green: 8 pts, 5 rebs

Sato: 4 pts (come on man!), 5 rebs, 11 asts.. wow!, 3 steals

Edited by turtle28

Sato knows his role. I would like to see him shoot a bit more though.

Beal was great last night. Still, a little too much iso. I'm not gonna kill him for this because he's excellent at creating his own shots. I just don't want to see so much iso that other players become disengaged... that's all. He also turns it over a bit too much when iso'ing.

Porter bounced back nicely. Brooks too him out once, saw a Sixers run, then reinserted him quickly.

Bryant picked up two quick fouls early on... only played a handful of minutes in the first half. The second half he was an absolute beast. Still... only 14 minutes. O.o

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

You're right as of now. The only way Ernie can salvage this is to trade Ariza for something worthwhile. A to B to C. A to C.

He simply gets taken to the cleaners every trade. I understand everyone wanting to trade away Wall but good lord Ernie shouldn’t be allowed to handle a trade of that magnitude. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He simply gets taken to the cleaners every trade. I understand everyone wanting to trade away Wall but good lord Ernie shouldn’t be allowed to handle a trade of that magnitude. 

They’re going to have to give away wall to dump his salary 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, MKnight82 said:

They’re going to have to give away wall to dump his salary 

Maybe, maybe not. I personally don’t think they will ever trade him or Beal nor did I think it was a real possibility when rumors were flying. I was, however super bummed when they dumped Oubre for nothing. Even though my protest of watching is still going on I do pay attention to the roster because eventually Ernie will be gone and I will be back to watching.