Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

The thing with Bogdanovic is that if they had kept him, it would have been a great trade. He’s an excellent fit for this roster offensively — a knock down shooter who can ostensibly back up the 3 and the 4 and doesn’t need the ball in his hands much is precisely what they need. Obviously he’s terrible defensively, and there are some lineups he’s basically unplayable against because there’s just no one for him to guard. But he had a nice niche on this team, and he’s exactly the kind of player who John Wall makes look much better than he really is.

What I don’t understand is why you would make that trade if you knew you probably weren’t going to keep him (or be able to keep him). Letting him get out the door after doing that deal was a real head scratcher to me. 

16 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The thing with Bogdanovic is that if they had kept him, it would have been a great trade. He’s an excellent fit for this roster offensively — a knock down shooter who can ostensibly back up the 3 and the 4 and doesn’t need the ball in his hands much is precisely what they need. Obviously he’s terrible defensively, and there are some lineups he’s basically unplayable against because there’s just no one for him to guard. But he had a nice niche on this team, and he’s exactly the kind of player who John Wall makes look much better than he really is.

What I don’t understand is why you would make that trade if you knew you probably weren’t going to keep him (or be able to keep him). Letting him get out the door after doing that deal was a real head scratcher to me. 

The bench was so god awful last year I think they felt they just needed to make a change.  While Bogdanovic was a better piece as an individual player the bench has for whatever reason played better this year without him.  Granted they've had a healthy Mahinmi to help the 2nd team defense, but really the added minutes Oubre and Satoransky got was the big change.  

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Ernie should’ve known he wasn’t going to be able to keep both Porter and BoBuckets. That was Ernie’s screw up. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The bench was so god awful last year I think they felt they just needed to make a change.  While Bogdanovic was a better piece as an individual player the bench has for whatever reason played better this year without him.  Granted they've had a healthy Mahinmi to help the 2nd team defense, but really the added minutes Oubre and Satoransky got was the big change.  

The bench played better this year bc Sato and Oubre developed more; Mike Scott was a steal bc of the drug troubles he had last year and Mahinmi lost 30 pounds was more agile and stayed healthy.

If Scott hadn’t had that drug charge, he probably would’ve been out of the Wizards price range, no way they get him on a vet min contract w/o that.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That would be an absolute disaster of a trade lol. 

I don’t think so, Kawhai is top 10 player in the NBA. They’d probably something back in return as well as Leonard to work out the contracts, like a big or a back up wing.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Spurs get:

Bradley Beal, Marcin Gortat, Kelley Oubre and the Wizards #1 pick

Wizards Get:

Kawhai Leonard, Pau Gasol and Dejoute Murray (I changed it)

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Why?

How is giving up 75% of your starting lineup, one of which is a 23-year old All Star and your first round pick a good idea? Kawhi is a great player who’s now littered with injury troubles. This trade would be horrible. 

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think so, Kawhai is top 10 player in the NBA. They’d probably something back in return as well as Leonard to work out the contracts, like a big or a back up wing.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Spurs get:

Bradley Beal, Marcin Gortat, Kelley Oubre and the Wizards #1 pick

Wizards Get:

Kawhai Leonard, Pau Gasol and Randy Forbes

He's a top 5 player in the NBA.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How is giving up 75% of your starting lineup, one of which is a 23-year old All Star and your first round pick a good idea? Kawhi is a great player who’s now littered with injury troubles. This trade would be horrible. 

Because the Wizards starting lineup isn't that good?  Put Wall + Kawhi together then make a run at Boogie.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

He's a top 5 player in the NBA.

Russell Westbrook

Kevin Durant 

Steph Curry

Lebron James 

Anthony Davis

Giannis Antitokoumpa

James Harden 

All of those guys are better then Leonard. I’d even consider putting Chris Paul on there. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because the Wizards starting lineup isn't that good?  Put Wall + Kawhi together then make a run at Boogie.  

How do you make a run at Boogie with three max contracts already on your roster? Plus the albatross Mahinmi contract. And then fill out the rest of your roster after you dealt away Oubre and your first round pick? 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You’re right, and it wouldn’t work anyways bc the salaries don’t match up. I took Morris out and added Gasol coming back to the Wizards with Dejoute Murray.

Just now, lavar703 said:

How do you make a run at Boogie with three max contracts already on your roster? Plus the albatross Mahinmi contract. And then fill out the rest of your roster after you dealt away Oubre and your first round pick? 

You’d have to sign and trade w/ Porter

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Trade Porter for picks.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They’re good except at center bc Gortat can’t defend the athletic bigs in the NBA which are all over the place now and he gets bullied on the block by guys like Valanciunas and others who are physical.

If the Wizards have an upgrade at C, they’d be a lot better.