Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The NBA is a players league more than any other league. If a guy doesn’t want to be somewhere, as not signing this contract would indicate, you need to move on because otherwise you’re just in limbo forever, and he’s already on the free agency tour. Your spending your time middling with a guy who is going to walk away rather than making the tough choice and building a future. No ones trashing Beal - he’s a good player who doesn’t provide a team that doesn’t have many good players a heck of a lot of value but for say a team like the Pistons who have elite interior plays but lack 3 point shooting, maybe they feel he pushes him to contenders and will pay the cost associated with that.

So are you just giving them Beal or do they have to pay fair value for Beal? What's a deal you would accept from them or a team in mind? 

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So are you just giving them Beal or do they have to pay fair value for Beal? What's a deal you would accept from them or a team in mind? 

I probably start with Reggie Jackson’s expiring contract, and then first round picks for the next several years. Figure you’re in a true tank next year, and maybe get a top 5 pick the next couple of years and maybe hit on one of the late firsts from the Pistons. Eventually, you probably end up trading a few assets for a star to pair with one of the young stars you hopefully got during your tanking years. As a team that’s not super sexy for free agents, that’s probably your best bet of winning. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I probably start with Reggie Jackson’s expiring contract, and then first round picks for the next several years. Figure you’re in a true tank next year, and maybe get a top 5 pick the next couple of years and maybe hit on one of the late firsts from the Pistons. Eventually, you probably end up trading a few assets for a star to pair with one of the young stars you hopefully got during your tanking years. As a team that’s not super sexy for free agents, that’s probably your best bet of winning. 

How likley are those picks gonna turn into a top 5 pick? I need at least 2 trading Beal and 3 if Wall is included in any deal. I don't care about the contracts. I see them as money to be spent and I'd spend that money on Wall and Beal compared to Rui, Brown, and 3 non top guaranteed 5 1st round picks. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

How likley are those picks gonna turn into a top 5 pick? I need at least 2 trading Beal and 3 if Wall is included in any deal. I don't care about the contracts. I see them as money to be spent and I'd spend that money on Wall and Beal compared to Rui, Brown, and 3 non top guaranteed 5 1st round picks. 

Your top 5 pick is your own from sucking so bad with a team built around Reggie Jackson and Ian Mahinmi

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Your top 5 pick is your own from sucking so bad with a team built around Reggie Jackson and Ian Mahinmi

Jackson and Mahinmi, LMAO! You got to be kidding me compared to a team built around Beal, Wall, Rui, Brown, and Thomas! How about you wait and let Beal build more trade value for himself this season by making another All Star Weekend roster plus adding a All NBA Team position b4 you let him go for so little. Again that is if he let's you know he doesn't plan or signing here long term. He could also wait to sign a deal here to get more money. Wouldn't he make the most money signing here long term even if it wasn't until 2021 when his contract is up? 

Edited by Skins212689

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

How does his trade value not increase say they keep him this year and he makes the All Star NBA Team next season. Paul George was traded with 1 year remaining on his deal and still got offered a new contract by the team that traded for him and then was traded a year later by the same team he resigned with. Some of you don't know **** about what your talking about. 

Beal is a Wizards regardless of a extention for the next 2 years! If he doesn't sign the extension, his best bet would be to play better than in the past to increase his trade value due to Shepard turning down prio offerss. If he doesn't and was to end next year the same place as he did this year without signing a extention the Wizards can move forward in trade talks than. He doesn't have to be moved RIGHT NOW LIKE SOME OF YOUR DESPERATELY ARE PULLING FOR! 

while i do not want to trade beal unless i get a kings ransom, the reason his trade value is so high is because you have a guy who averaged 25-5-5, thats 26 years old, whos under contract for 2 more years, and heres the big one. its a very team friendly contract at i believe like 27 mill 

5 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

while i do not want to trade beal unless i get a kings ransom, the reason his trade value is so high is because you have a guy who averaged 25-5-5, thats 26 years old, whos under contract for 2 more years, and heres the big one. its a very team friendly contract at i believe like 27 mill 

So make sure you get all that you can for him if he let's you know he doesn't plan on resigning long term. All that you can get at this momment may be more when he actaully has to be delt witch is 1 1/2 seasons from now. Why wouldn't you keep him to increase his value? It's been said he wouldn't have gotten the Wizards a deal like George, so what trade offer are you accepting for Beal? 

6 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

So make sure you get all that you can for him if he let's you know he doesn't plan on resigning long term. All that you can get at this momment may be more when he actaully has to be delt witch is 1 1/2 seasons from now. Why wouldn't you keep him to increase his value? It's been said he wouldn't have gotten the Wizards a deal like George, so what trade offer are you accepting for Beal? 

Only offers I accept are multiple young players with potential and non protected 1st rounders. If the nicks offered Barrett, Robinson, Knox and at least 1 first I take that in a heartbeat. Even though it’s very unlikely. Although if they took wall with him I could honestly see it. The Knicks are the only team I trade with TBH only bc they have the young promising guys on rookie deals and with Beal next year probably will still be in the lottery. It’s a huge pipe dream but that’s who I would trade with if it came down to it

The lineup I would have no idea tho but look at the position and young depth outside of PG

PG IT, Smith, Robinson

SG Barret, Knox, Mathews

SF Brown, Bertrans, Miles

PF Hachimura, Wagner, Schoefield

C Bryant, Robinson, Mahinmi

idk the starters but outside of Mahinmi, IT, Smith, Bertrans, and Miles you have 10 guys under 23. That’s the future. Develope for a year or two and not to mention the cap space we would have.

huge pipe dream but a dream come true if the Knicks called and offered that.

add our potential lottery pick and the knocks potential lottery pick and it will get even better 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Been telling you for two years he won't be traded. Remains to be seen what John is when he returns in 2020-21. If he's still a 23 & 11 & 5 guy it won't be the worst contract in sports. But, I don't have a crystal ball and neither do you.

Never said he would be.

Predicting an overrated player won't be traded is quite the accomplishment. Be sure to stretch before patting yourself on the back.

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'd put Davis and Alex Smith far ahead of John Wall.  I would also include Albert Pujols, Albert Haynesworth, Jay Cutler, Josh Hamilton and Rick DiPiertro ahead of him as well.  

I assume he's talking current but you're not wrong either. 

13 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Jackson and Mahinmi, LMAO! You got to be kidding me compared to a team built around Beal, Wall, Rui, Brown, and Thomas! How about you wait and let Beal build more trade value for himself this season by making another All Star Weekend roster plus adding a All NBA Team position b4 you let him go for so little. Again that is if he let's you know he doesn't plan or signing here long term. He could also wait to sign a deal here to get more money. Wouldn't he make the most money signing here long term even if it wasn't until 2021 when his contract is up? 

Dude Beal making an all nba team would be a disaster.  Also that roster you’re talking about would never get higher than a 5 seed imo so what’s the point in that?

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude Beal making an all nba team would be a disaster.  Also that roster you’re talking about would never get higher than a 5 seed imo so what’s the point in that?

I'd prefer to make the playoffs with that 5th seed roster rather than give away Beal and Wall for draft picks while not making the playoffs at all. Name 2 propects coming into the league in the next 2 drafts that have Beal or Wall's potential. Like really can you do that?

If not that just shows how stubborn YOU are and how YOUR not looking at the BIG picture. You have no way of replacing the two Faces of the Franchise that have been here the last 9 and 7 years, Yet Sheppard shouldd trade them. This isn't the NFL, once again those picks aren't even guranteed to be top 5 or top 10 picks. Even if the Wizards ended with the worst record in the league that still doesn't gurantee them the #1 pick in the draft. 

Sheppard seems content on keeping Beal here and I'm happy about that. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

What, just because Beal would become super-max eligible and expect to be paid as such and the Wizards would dwell in cap hell with two players tying up all their cap space? They'd have their two stars!! Isn't that wonderful?!

</sarcasm>

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

What, just because Beal would become super-max eligible and expect to be paid as such and the Wizards would dwell in cap hell with two players tying up all their cap space? They'd have their two stars!! Isn't that wonderful?!

</sarcasm>

Him making the All NBA Team would also mean what you get in return for him would go up as Well. Also the team trading for him would be paying him! I know what I'm talking about here. 

25 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd prefer to make the playoffs with that 5th seed roster rather than give away Beal and Wall for draft picks while not making the playoffs at all. Name 2 propects coming into the league in the next 2 drafts that have Beal or Wall's potential. Like really can you do that?

Potential? Anthony Edwards could be a stud. Isaiah Stewart will be a good big man, same with Wiseman. Cade Cunningham and RJ Hampton.