turtle28

Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Really Woz? Isaiah Thomas (NYK) was given a roll like Ernie Grunfeld's or Tommy Shepard’s with no experience.

Antawn has just a pro personnel position.

That’s not an accurate comparison.

Just saying that a guy who has a name != successful hire

As another example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Gruden

On 8/18/2019 at 5:41 PM, turtle28 said:

@Woz

Should it go through, it will be interesting what LA gives up and whether it was worth holding him for a month and a half on the off chance a guy like Cousins torn an ACL or taking CJ Miles on an expiring contract.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Should it go through, it will be interesting what LA gives up and whether it was worth holding him for a month and a half on the off chance a guy like Cousins torn an ACL or taking CJ Miles on an expiring contract.

LA doesn't have anything of value left to give.  

On 8/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, MKnight82 said:

LA doesn't have anything of value left to give.  

It's not a trade. The Grizzlies are going to buy him out and then he'll be able to sign with the Lakers. The Lakers are going to give him a non-guaranteed deal. The Wizards had already traded him for CJ Miles last month.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:57 PM, Woz said:

Howard is just being bought out of his deal by the Grizzlies and then signing with the Lakers. So, I’d say that trading for CJ Miles and his shooting still seems like a good trade to me for a back up wing with a good shot.

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm dont want to exaggerate but I see some Giannis in him. 

Maybe, I don't know if he's that kind of athlete, one thing I like is he's already seemed to improve his shot, which is a good thing. If he and Brown can become mid 30% 3-point shooters over the next few years, them with Beal, Wall and Bryant and Scofield, Wagner and another top ten pick coming off the bench will be a playoff team.