Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Just as a counterpoint to your happy: the Wizards have played 18 games so far this season, just a smidge under a quarter pole for the season.

Points allowed

• Less than 110 points: 3 times (only twice sub-100)
  • 110-119: 5 times
  • 120-129: 4 times
  • 130-139: 3 times (surprisingly, 2-1)
  • 140-149: 1 time
  • 150+: 2 times

They're averaging 122.7 points allowed per game. A bit more like that and they're in the running for all-time worst defense in NBA history (3rd on the list is the 67-68 Seattle Supersonics at 125.1 ppg (why they only go 3 deep, I have no idea)).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

They need to shop Bertans.  I was listening to the Bill Simmons podcast and he was talking about how Kyle Kuzma is not a good fit next to Lebron and his minutes have been cut back.  He could be a good addition, or they could try to get a first round pick from someone.

Listening to Bill Simmons is your first mistake. Your second is suggesting the Wizards should shop Bertans.

No trading Bertans. You keep Bertans as instant scoring off the bench to go with Ish Smith, McRae and Wagner. Wall returns next year to go with Beal. You get a top 5 or 10 pick in the 2020 draft and hopefully these young guys continue to develop and then you’re a playoff team again next season.

10 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Trade Beal. Great scorer. Never played defense.
Trade Bertans. He's hot. Could get a decent first round pick for him.

Build for the future.

Pipe Dream, ain't happening. That's not on Leonsis’ radar. He wants a competitive team so he can fill the seats the best he can - at least if he can still have Beal & Wall and he can for a few more years -even if The Wizards aren't contenders. 

I think they re-sign Bertans, and draft another versatile forward like Jaden McDaniels to go with the guys they have.

PG: Wall, Ish

SG: Beal, McRae, Bonga

SF: TBJ, McDaniels, Schofield

PF: Rui, Bertans

C: Bryant, Wagner

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Pipe Dream, ain't happening. That's not on Leonsis’ radar. He wants a competitive team so he can fill the seats the best he can - at least if he can still have Beal & Wall and he can for a few more years -even if The Wizards aren't contenders. 

I think they re-sign Bertans, and draft another versatile forward like Jaden McDaniels to go with the guys they have.

PG: Wall, Ish

SG: Beal, McRae, Bonga

SF: TBJ, McDaniels, Schofield

PF: Rui, Bertans

C: Bryant, Wagner

I think you're right.

But we can both be right.

This plan is a seat-filler plan... it's not a win a championship plan.

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I think you're right.

But we can both be right.

This plan is a seat-filler plan... it's not a win a championship plan.

In my personal opinion the Wizards will never win a Championship without getting lucky if some draft coming up, the have the #1 pick and a generational talent get drafted by the Wizards when the have the #1 pick. The Wizards are not a big time free agent destination. They have to get lucky, win the lottery and there has to be a generational talent in that draft to take.

So, with that being the case IMO they should continue to ride out the Wall/Beal era for as long as they can and be a good team but never a great team with them two leading the way.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

In my personal opinion the Wizards will never win a Championship without getting lucky if some draft coming up, the have the #1 pick and a generational talent get drafted by the Wizards when the have the #1 pick. The Wizards are not a big time free agent destination. They have to get lucky, win the lottery and there has to be a generational talent in that draft to take.

So, with that being the case IMO they should continue to ride out the Wall/Beal era for as long as they can and be a good team but never a great team with them two leading the way.

That's why I think they should trade Beal. More bullets in the chamber to get lucky.