Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I know he’s young but Ruis defense has been abysmal.  You have to wonder if Scott Brooks needs to go at this point, he can’t seem to develop talent.

He’s a rookie... And I don’t know how anyone can look at this roster and all the young players on it, see how well they are playing and determine that Scott Brooks can’t coach/develop talent. 

Their defense sucks, but their offense is great. They need to sign some better defenders in the offseason to go with the firepower they have on offense. 

Getting a starting SF who can defend the opposing teams best wing would go a long way. 

Edited by turtle28

On 2/15/2020 at 3:51 PM, turtle28 said:

He’s a rookie... And I don’t know how anyone can look at this roster and all the young players on it, see how well they are playing and determine that Scott Brooks can’t coach/develop talent. 

Their defense sucks, but their offense is great. They need to sign some better defenders in the offseason to go with the firepower they have on offense. 

Getting a starting SF who can defend the opposing teams best wing would go a long way. 

Brooks needs to go... and, yes, they need to find a few defensive players in FA or the draft. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Brooks needs to go... and, yes, they need to find a few defensive players in FA or the draft. 

I do think Brooks has worn out his welcome. That being said, did anyone expect this team to be w/in a few games of the 8th spot at the All-Star break?

Especially given all the injuries they endured the first half of the season?

I didn’t. They are 20-33, I didn’t expect them to win 30 games all season. So, the fact that they are 10 games away from that with 29 games to go points to a great coaching job done by Brooks and his staff.

On 2/17/2020 at 12:54 PM, turtle28 said:

I do think Brooks has worn out his welcome. That being said, did anyone expect this team to be w/in a few games of the 8th spot at the All-Star break?

Especially given all the injuries they endured the first half of the season?

I didn’t. They are 20-33, I didn’t expect them to win 30 games all season. So, the fact that they are 10 games away from that with 29 games to go points to a great coaching job done by Brooks and his staff.

I wouldn't look at them being a few spots out of 8th with THAT record as that positive of a sign. The East is led by 6 teams dominating and everyone else at least 4 games under .500. No wonder the Wizards actually have 20 wins. They're playing teams as awful as they are. Brooks has worn out his welcome. Next year is as good as time as any to start over with someone young and hungry. 

Beal's stock is so high right now. Unfortunately they can't move him until after the year. My guess is he'll want out... why wouldn't he? Especially with Wall coming back... ugh. 

Good idea NOT trading Bertans... could have netted a 1st for him.  O.o

Why can't bad teams break bad habits? 

Edited by Skinsin2013

On 2/25/2020 at 8:18 AM, MikeT14 said:

I wouldn't look at them being a few spots out of 8th with THAT record as that positive of a sign. The East is led by 6 teams dominating and everyone else at least 4 games under .500. No wonder the Wizards actually have 20 wins. They're playing teams as awful as they are. Brooks has worn out his welcome. Next year is as good as time as any to start over with someone young and hungry. 

Yeah, I hear you still, when I looked at this roster in October, I wondered if they'd honestly win 20 games all year and I have to believe everyone thought that unless they were a blind homer.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:44 AM, Skinsin2013 said:

Beal's stock is so high right now. Unfortunately they can't move him until after the year. My guess is he'll want out... why wouldn't he? Especially with Wall coming back... ugh. 

Good idea NOT trading Bertans... could have netted a 1st for him.  O.o

Why can't bad teams break bad habits? 

I see the exact opposite. I think Beal can't wait until Wall comes back so he has his All-Star level sidekick to help him again.

I hope they Re-sign Bertans. I wait to see Wall hit Beal, Bertans, Rui, Wagner and hopefully an improved shooting Brown or a signed FA upgrade SF for Wall to pass to also.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think he’s a great owner. I think he’s great at paying his own homegrown players but I don’t think he’s good at owning the Wizards. 

So, he takes over as Owner and the Wizards have the best decade of success since the 70s?

Are we spoiled now as fans bc the Caps & Nats won world championships?

Leonsis is not perfect but I definitely think he's a great owner.

Yeah, he should have fired Ernie a years ago after the draft screw ups and the bad trade for Foye & Miller in 09 but a few years ago Wall, Beal and the Wizards were a game away from the Eastern Conference Finals. Even as much as I didn't like Ernie, why fire a GM when he's having that success? The answer is no owner would!

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I hear you still, when I looked at this roster in October, I wondered if they'd honestly win 20 games all year and I have to believe everyone thought that unless they were a blind homer.

Agreed. I would have taken the under. But like I said, these developments aren't overly shocking or anything based on how bad the East is overall.