Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Getting a chance to watch some of this summer league game. 

Troy Brown is pretty much as advertised. Great length, smooth athlete moreso than explosive, nice well-rounded game. Jump shot needs a LOT of work. Finished around the basket a lot better than I had heard/read, but not a leaper. Can definitely see the Iguodala comparisons in terms of length and versatility and intelligence (and poor shooting). Just not an Iggy type of athlete. 

On the other hand, Devin Robinson is a pretty crazy athlete. Don’t really see much polish on the skillset and he’s getting lost out there a fair amount, especially on defense. But he makes up for it (at this level) with the athleticism. Big-time finisher and long enough to challenge some shots. Knocked down a 3, but doesn’t look like too consistent a shooter. Game kinda reminiscent of Oubre, except not quite that swooping/gliding feel to his movement like you see with Kelly. 

Thomas Bryant is what you think he is. Good hands, good shooter for a big man, surprisingly decent passer. Below the rim player, but he could he be useful as a pick and pop big guy with his skill level.

Issuf Sanon is...years away. But he has some tools and plays hard, and PJ Carlesimo likes him apparently.  

Also, this is nothing new, but I really like Chris Chiozza. I hope he gets a chance to stick around on our G League team and an opportunity to play his way onto the roster next year or beyond. The rest of the team is uninspiring of course.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 7:13 PM, turtle28 said:

If Dwight acts right, and the Wizards are more lucky than they were last year then I can see them being contenders in the Eastern Conference.

That's a big if.

https://www.getmoresports.com/sheridan-will-lebron-james-land-lakers-career/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784325-lakers-trade-rumors-damian-lillard-kevin-love-john-wall-more-deals-targeted

A number of trade options are being considered by Lakers executives Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka, and names that are being bandied about include Damian Lillard, Kevin Love, DeMar DeRozan, Bradley Beal, and John Wall … among others.

Edited by Skinsin2013

49 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

https://www.getmoresports.com/sheridan-will-lebron-james-land-lakers-career/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784325-lakers-trade-rumors-damian-lillard-kevin-love-john-wall-more-deals-targeted

A number of trade options are being considered by Lakers executives Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka, and names that are being bandied about include Damian Lillard, Kevin Love, DeMar DeRozan, Bradley Beal, and John Wall … among others.

Also from the article:

Lillard, Wall and Beal seem less likely to change teams this summer unless internal dynamics shift dramatically. Lillard is the face of the franchise in Portland; unless he's reached a Leonard level of unhappiness—which hasn't been reported anywhere—it's hard to envision the Blazers would move him.

Ditto for Wall and Beal in Washington. Unless their partnership becomes untenable—again, that level of discontent isn't being reported—the Wizards will likely bring them back and make a run at the Finals in the weaker Eastern Conference. 

Between Wall's impending supermax deal and his trade kicker, I don't see him moving.

Beal or Porter? Those would be the ones that would have to move, but it requires some salary moves that I don't think would work out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Also from the article:

Between Wall's impending supermax deal and his trade kicker, I don't see him moving.

Beal or Porter? Those would be the ones that would have to move, but it requires some salary moves that I don't think would work out.

You're not supposed to read the full article.  xD

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So a 4 seed and one and done in the playoffs then.  

No, a top 4 seed, win the first round in the playoffs and then challenge in the second round to go to the eastern conference finals like they’ve done 3 of the last 5 years with a less talented team than they currently have.