Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

I believe this is the deepest Wizards roster they’ve had since they drafted Wall, and probably since the late 70s or early 80s. That being said, the team stil only goes as far as Wall/Beal take it. They have to be more clutch at the end of games, particularly Beal.  

22 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He’s an pretty good center. He’s also a lockerroom cancer that everyone hates. Good luck. 

I guess we’ll find out. I continue to think/say he can’t be worse than Gortat the last 3 years since the Wizards went to more pace & space to keep up with the rest of the NBA. Gortat was awful in the lockeroom and used to constantly argue with Wall and coaches on the bench about not getting enough touches.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I guess we’ll find out. I continue to think/say he can’t be worse than Gortat the last 3 years since the Wizards went to more pace & space to keep up with the rest of the NBA. Gortat was awful in the lockeroom and used to constantly argue with Wall and coaches on the bench about not getting enough touches.

I’m not arguing that he’s a bad basketball player. He’s probably still one of the best centers in the league. The issue is he’s a crappy dude. 

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not arguing that he’s a bad basketball player. He’s probably still one of the best centers in the league. The issue is he’s a crappy dude. 

Uhh sure. Damn, so you’ve hung it with him? What’s that like?

I mean the Hornets were willing to take on Mozgovs historically bad contract just to get rid of Howard, and it didn’t have anything to do with him being a bad basketball player.  The entire locker room hated the guy.  Just like the entire Hawks locker room hated him.  Just like the entire Rockets locker room hated him.  Just like the entire Lakers locker room hated him.  Just like the entire Magic locker room hated him.  

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean the Hornets were willing to take on Mozgovs historically bad contract just to get rid of Howard, and it didn’t have anything to do with him being a bad basketball player.  The entire locker room hated the guy.  Just like the entire Hawks locker room hated him.  Just like the entire Rockets locker room hated him.  Just like the entire Lakers locker room hated him.  Just like the entire Magic locker room hated him.  

Really? Quotes From every player? Where are those?

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Good lord dude. You can't be serious?

So.... that’s a no?

The reason Howard has issues is not because he’s a bad guy that everyone hates. It’s different.

He has a lot of Gilbert Arenas in him. He’s a jokester who doesn’t take himself too seriously and a lot of times that rubs people the wrong way (especially someone like Kobe Bryant). 

I don’t think people hate Dwight. He just has issues in different ways, but it’s not because he’s a bad guy or a bad teammate.