Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

So.... that’s a no?

The reason Howard has issues is not because he’s a bad guy that everyone hates. It’s different.

He has a lot of Gilbert Arenas in him. He’s a jokester who doesn’t take himself too seriously and a lot of times that rubs people the wrong way (especially someone like Kobe Bryant). 

I don’t think people hate Dwight. He just has issues in different ways, but it’s not because he’s a bad guy or a bad teammate.

I'm sorry but you are 100% wrong on this.  I read a ton of NBA articles, it has been widely reported that Howard has been pushed out of multiple locker rooms because his teammates didn't like him.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dwight-howards-charlotte-teammates-just-sick-tired-act-002120459.html 

“The locker room did not like Dwight Howard,” Haywood said. “Guys were just sick and tired of his act.” 

Haywood played for the Hornets in 2012-13 and apparently still has ties with Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, who were on the same Hornets team. Haywood played college ball at North Carolina and likely has ties with Hornets Marvin Williams and Marcus Paige as well.

Former Hawks teammate Dennis Schroeder criticized Howard for lack of effort on the floor after that deal.

“He plays always great against his former team. Credit to him too, but that’s like four games each year, you know? Houston, L.A., us. I think he’s always giving his best there but the others games he (shrugs).”

Chemistry between Howard and James Harden at his previous stop with the Houston Rockets was reportedly “cordially bad” as he was described as distant and frozen out of the offense.

Kobe Bryant famously did not get along with Howard during his brief disappointing stint with the Los Angeles Lakers.

A rift that was widely blamed on Bryant at the time now points largely to Howard in retrospect.

Bryant told his side of the story to USA Today in 2015.

“I tried teaching Dwight. I tried showing him. But the reality is that when you have a perception of what it is to win a championship – and most perceptions of what it’s like to win are a very outgoing, very gregarious locker room where you pick each other up and you’re friends all the time. That’s the perception. And I think that’s what his perception was of what the idea is. But when he saw the reality of it, it made him uncomfortable. And it’s very tough to be able to fight through that, to deal with that challenge. And I don’t think he was willing to deal with that uncomfortable and combative nature.”

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm sorry but you are 100% wrong on this.  I read a ton of NBA articles, it has been widely reported that Howard has been pushed out of multiple locker rooms because his teammates didn't like him.  

Nope.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nba/2017/09/19/dwight-howard-discusses-kobe-bryant-james-harden

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/20/17485842/dwight-howard-nets-spiral

Tales of the Atlanta locker room from last year after Dwight’s send-off were far more colorful. Three months after he was traded from the Hawks, Zach Lowe mentioned on his podcast stories of “Hawks players learning about the trade and screaming with jubilation into their phones.”

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-hornets-locker-room-hated-dwight-howard/ar-AAyVpex 

“The locker room hated Dwight Howard,” said Haywood. “I’m not sure if Charlotte is rebuilding or if they’re just trying to get Dwight Howard out of there, but it was clear the locker room did not like Dwight Howard.

The rest of the quote in the story explains what Haywood has heard is the reasons why, and shocker here it’s exactly what I said.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The rest of the quote in the story explains what Haywood has heard is the reasons why, and shocker here it’s exactly what I said.

What the hell kind of technicality are you trying to claim victory off of now?  Dwight Howard is a malcontent that has caused friction in every NBA locker room he's ever been in.  He whines about not getting the ball and not being the focal part of any offense.  He'll be asked to be the 3rd, if not 4th option in Washington.  How do you think that is going to go over?

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What the hell kind of technicality are you trying to claim victory off of now?  Dwight Howard is a malcontent that has caused friction in every NBA locker room he's ever been in.  He whines about not getting the ball and not being the focal part of any offense.  He'll be asked to be the 3rd, if not 4th option in Washington.  How do you think that is going to go over?

I said he wasn’t a bad guy. The issue he has in lockeroom are similar to what Arenas always had. They got away with it because they were so talented. Eventually though, they wear out their welcome.

Most if that you didn’t say. If you had said he was a complainer and teammates get tired of it amongst other things like that, I would have agreed. 

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I said he wasn’t a bad guy. The issue he has in lockeroom are similar to what Arenas always had. They got away with it because they were so talented. It eventually they wear out their welcome.

Most if that you didn’t say. If you had said he was a complainer and teammates get tired of it amongst other things like that, I would have agreed. 

I said all of the locker rooms hated him, which you can't dispute.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I said all of the locker rooms hated him, which you can't dispute.

I wasn’t disputing that. I was trying to give explanation to it but you always overreact to what I’m trying to explain.

It’s whatever, who cares?

It won’t be as bad as Gortat was from 2015-2017/18. Gortat was worse. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I said he wasn’t a bad guy. The issue he has in lockeroom are similar to what Arenas always had. They got away with it because they were so talented. Eventually though, they wear out their welcome.

But he is a bad guy lol. If you’re one of the best players at your position in a league that is starved for players with your talents but everyone keeps getting rid of you, it doesn’t mean you have a little Gilbert Arenas in you. It means you are a dbag. Literally everyone on the planet agrees he’s a jerk but as always, turtle the contrarian knows better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

But he is a bad guy lol. If you’re one of the best players at your position in a league that is starved for players with your talents but everyone keeps getting rid of you, it doesn’t mean you have a little Gilbert Arenas in you. It means you are a dbag. Literally everyone on the planet agrees he’s a jerk but as always, turtle the contrarian knows better. 

He’s a dbag because he complains, he’s a jokester and handle confrontation well?

That’s the biggest load of crap I’ve ever seen written in my life. You can be awkward with others and have issues like not taking the game as serious as you should which rubs teammates the wrong way and they don’t want you around, but that doesn’t mean you’re a bad person or a dbag.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s a dbag because he complains, he’s a jokester and handle confrontation well?

That’s the biggest load of crap I’ve ever seen written in my life. You can be awkward with others and have issues like not taking the game as serious as you should which rubs teammates the wrong way and they don’t want you around, but that doesn’t mean you’re a bad person or a dbag.

So he’s a good dude, everyone just hates him for no reason?